1903 Naturalization - Can't find Oath/Oath#?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
amari
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: 21 Jul 2018, 07:18

1903 Naturalization - Can't find Oath/Oath#?

Post by amari »

I'm not sure if this is a normal thing for early naturalizations, but I keep seeing mention of "find the 8 digit number on the oath" of naturalization, but when looking at my ancestor's declaration/petition I can't find one anywhere nor additional pages that look like some of the others I've seen.

Sorry for linking to ancestry ($) but it has the clearest images of the documents in sequence:
https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/22 ... id=3254791

Is this normal and a complete naturalization for that time? (The final page does say "I the petitioner do declare on oath..." "...solemnly swear that I will support the Constitution..." etc.)
ffusiak
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 237
Joined: 01 Jun 2015, 15:28
Location: USA: New Jersey

Re: 1903 Naturalization - Can't find Oath/Oath#?

Post by ffusiak »

I do not know if you received an answer on this one, but I just looked in IGG Nationalization Database (http://italiangen.org/records-search/na ... ations.php). I noticed your Vincenzo DeLauro and 2 others possibly one of them is your record. The link tells you how to order them. I do not see anything on FamilySearch.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: 1903 Naturalization - Can't find Oath/Oath#?

Post by Tessa78 »

ffusiak wrote: 22 Oct 2018, 17:35 I do not know if you received an answer on this one, but I just looked in IGG Nationalization Database (http://italiangen.org/records-search/na ... ations.php). I noticed your Vincenzo DeLauro and 2 others possibly one of them is your record. The link tells you how to order them. I do not see anything on FamilySearch.
The three entries for Vincenzo DeLauro at the IGG Naturalization Database are all for the same Vincenzo, and all reference Petition #311, which is the Petition in the link on Ancestry provided by the poster.

Last Name Given Name Birth/Age Volume Record# Record Type Date Location

DeLauro Vincenzo - 46 311 Petition 1903 USDC-NY-Eastern District
DeLauro Vincenzo - 46 311 Petition 1903 USDC-NY-Eastern District
DeLauro Vincenzo - 46 311 Petition 1903 USDC-NY-Eastern District



Here is the image of the Petition #311 for Vincenzo DeLauro.

https://i.postimg.cc/yxkyPmHj/De-Lauro-Nat-Pet1.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/B6vTSTX3/De-Lauro-Nat-Pet2.jpg

T.
Post Reply