Question about the declaration that living/deceased ascendants did not renounce Italian citizenship.

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
Menefreghista
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: 17 Jun 2018, 22:46

Question about the declaration that living/deceased ascendants did not renounce Italian citizenship.

Post by Menefreghista »

Here is my situation. I’m in the process of filling out the necessary paperwork for my appointment at the Philadelphia Consulate. My grandmother was born in Italy, and was naturalized in 1950 (My grandmother is still alive). My father was born in the USA in 1948 (My father has passed away).

I am confused as to whether or not I fill out form 3, using my grandmother’s information, “living Italian ascendant” or form 4, using my father’s information, who was born and raised in the United States, as my “deceased Italian ascendant,” OR BOTH?

FORM #3 = https://consfiladelfia.esteri.it/resour ... 7form5.pdf
FORM #4 = https://consfiladelfia.esteri.it/resour ... 7form4.pdf

I am particularly confused because I am under the impression that once my grandmother was naturalized as an American, that she was no longer considered “Italian,” but since my father was born before her naturalization, I qualify for Italian Citizenship.

Can someone PLEASE explain what steps, exactly, I need to take regarding this aspect of the application process?
jennabet
Master
Master
Posts: 1396
Joined: 14 Jul 2010, 20:28
Location: Ancestral Homeland - Abruzzo Italy

Re: Question about the declaration that living/deceased ascendants did not renounce Italian citizenship.

Post by jennabet »

Your must provide info for both your deceased direct ascendant (father) and your living ascendant (grand-mother).
Menefreghista
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: 17 Jun 2018, 22:46

Re: Question about the declaration that living/deceased ascendants did not renounce Italian citizenship.

Post by Menefreghista »

jennabet wrote: 19 Aug 2018, 15:35 Your must provide info for both your deceased direct ascendant (father) and your living ascendant (grand-mother).
Ok, and do I need to provide all of the exact addresses, or will a list of the cities/towns lived in be sufficient?
jennabet
Master
Master
Posts: 1396
Joined: 14 Jul 2010, 20:28
Location: Ancestral Homeland - Abruzzo Italy

Re: Question about the declaration that living/deceased ascendants did not renounce Italian citizenship.

Post by jennabet »

Cities, towns, states should be OK.
Post Reply