Hi to all: Searching town of Giuliana Sicily
Hi to all: Searching town of Giuliana Sicily
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here. I plan to visit Sicily in late September of this year ... after doing as much research as possible while here in the United States ... Will be searching for family members that were left behind by my grandmother and grandfather. Grandmother = Concetta Alduino; Grandfather = Nicolo Scarpinato. Both of them came to the United States (New York) in early 1900's. I will go to the helpful sites that everyone here has advised me of: Ellis Island and Family HCenter for microfiche of Giuliana. But I just thought I'd throw those names and town out there just in case someone else is searching for the same people. Best regards and good luck to all, Julia
Re: Hi to all: Searching town of Giuliana Sicily
Hi,Delbruns wrote:Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here. I plan to visit Sicily in late September of this year ... after doing as much research as possible while here in the United States ... Will be searching for family members that were left behind by my grandmother and grandfather. Grandmother = Concetta Alduino; Grandfather = Nicolo Scarpinato. Both of them came to the United States (New York) in early 1900's. I will go to the helpful sites that everyone here has advised me of: Ellis Island and Family HCenter for microfiche of Giuliana. But I just thought I'd throw those names and town out there just in case someone else is searching for the same people. Best regards and good luck to all, Julia
here there is Concetta Alduino 1913 ship record (Concetta Alduino is daughter of Nicolò and Antonina Musso)
Antonina Musso mother is Rosa Vento, also from Giuliana
page 1
page 2
1898 Antonina Musso ship record
Antonina Musso
Occupation Domestic
Age 28
Sex F
Literacy N
Arrived 25 Feb 1898
Origin Italy
Port Genoa
Last Residence Giuliano
Destination Brooklyn
Plan Unknown
Ship Trojan Prince
Passage Unknown
This is 1898 Nicolo Scarpinato ship record
Nicolo Scarpinato
Occupation Laborer
Age 13
Sex M
Literacy N
Arrived 1 Jul 1898
Origin Italy
Port Naples
Last Residence Giuliano
Destination New-Orleans
Plan Unknown
Ship Alesia
Passage Unknown
to request civil record write to
Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Contrada Licciardo
90030 Giuliana (PA)
Italy
comunegiuliana@libero.it
comune.giuliana@tiscali.it
info@comunedigiuliana.it
or rent Giuliana civil record microfilmto FHL (mormon church)
or contact Archivio di Stato di Palermo
Here there is an Alduino listed on the Giuliana phone book
Alduino Rosalia Maria
90030 Giuliana (PA) - Via Chiesa Madre, 6
091 8356441
and here the Scarpinato
http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... a&ind=&nc=
I hope it helps, bye Riccardo
Re: Hi to all: Searching town of Giuliana Sicily
mille grazie riccardo. What a good start I have now. Julia Bruno
Re: Hi to all: Searching town of Giuliana Sicily
Julia, the email I send you jumps back.Delbruns wrote:mille grazie riccardo. What a good start I have now. Julia Bruno
Good luck for your research, on this forum you'll find a lot of friends ready to help you,bye Riccardo

