My grandmothers family is from a small town north of Turin called Cintano. My great-grandfather, his brothers, sisters, and cousin came to Butte, Montana to work in the mines. Around the time that WW1 was beginning the majority of the family went back to Cintano, except my great grandfather and his cousin.
I have the opportunity to travel to Cintano in March and hope to visit the cemetery and take photos of the town. I am not sure if the cemetery is open to the public, or if I need to contact anyone before I arrive.
I have found many of the records already on family search. They are unindexed, but they are available to browse through. I am more interested in learning about the town itself, and seeing what my ancestors' lives were like.
The town is small, so there is no hotel or B & B, but we will stay in a nearby town.
Does anyone have any experience traveling to these small towns, and any advice?
traveling to Cintano
Re: traveling to Cintano
all cemeteries are open to the public- in the right hours..
suanj
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: traveling to Cintano
There is a post on my blog about Preparing for a trip to the town of origin you might find helpful.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.

