1948 question
1948 question
Hi everyone, I’m very new to this process and appreciate your help! 3 of my GGP were born in Italy. One GGF naturalized before the birth of my GF so not a viable option for citizenship. One GGM was born in Lascari in 1897 and was still a citizen when all her children were born in the US, however my GF was born before 1948. So unless we take it to court, she’s not a viable path either correct? Finally, one GGF was born in Naples in 1912. He was presumably still a citizen when my GM was born in 1934. My father was born after 1948. Is this last line a viable path to citizenship? I know some people might question my ties to Italy with these distant relatives but I speak some Italian and have lived there for a short period of time. Thanks for your help!
Re: 1948 question
Yes, the last line works if your ggf was still a citizen when your gm was born.

