Petition for naturalisation

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
PippaCouch
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: 02 Jan 2019, 11:34

Petition for naturalisation

Post by PippaCouch »

I have located my ggfather petition for naturalisation and it clearly states that my grandfather was already born in USA at this stage. It is also dated after my grandfathers birth date as stated on both birth certificate and the petition document. As this clearly shows my gfather was already born at this time do I still need to get a copy of his cert of naturalisation or would a copy of the petition suffice?

Thanks for your help with this.
Pippa
User avatar
mler
Master
Master
Posts: 2515
Joined: 01 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Petition for naturalisation

Post by mler »

When I applied, the Petition and Oath was sufficient, and it should be since, as you note, it contains all relevant information. That, however, was more than ten years ago. Were I to apply today, I would add the Certificate since the consulates seem more picky of late. Perhaps you can call them for clarification.
PippaCouch
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: 02 Jan 2019, 11:34

Re: Petition for naturalisation

Post by PippaCouch »

Thanks that's helpful.
Pippa
Post Reply