La Ruota and Baptism

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

La Ruota and Baptism

Post by Biff83 »

I was asked a question this morning by someone I've been helping at the local library for which I don't have a definitive answer.

"Were foundling infants baptized before or after they were left at "'la ruota,' the foundling wheel?"

My guess is that they were baptized after abandonment. I'd appreciate any input from others on this.

Thanks.

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Adelphio
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 26
Joined: 25 Mar 2019, 02:12

Re: La Ruota and Baptism

Post by Adelphio »

Whats there name town and year?

Marty
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: La Ruota and Baptism

Post by Biff83 »

Marty,

The town is Gangi in Palermo. This person's great grandfather was left at the wheel in 1877.
Marcello Olivastro, #two.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1947613

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Post Reply