I am trying to find a Birth Certificate of Fedele Antonio Montone, 25/08/1961, lista di leva says he was born in Diamante, but I looked for all the indexes of births on Diamante at the files of the civil records on the LDS center.
I think it might be on Cosenza, but the comune doesn't answer. Is there any other way to get it?
Some problems I am facing:
- there is a discrepancy about 3 -4 years of the age he died to the date he was born, lista di leva shows he was born in 1861, and the death certificate shows around 1865, and just describing that he was from Cosenza, Italy, where on the military service it says: Diamante. So I am quite confused about the place now.
- I didn't know but his family got in contact with a local professional to search for this record. They went through a deep research and ended up that when they found they asked for 500 euros to provide that file. The family gave up because they thought it was too abusive. The service provider made clear that the record is not and wasn't in Diamante.
He said something on the text and emails, that this record was in a "Preffectura", so all comuni are prefectures or not?
How should we continue on this search, try to look for all comuni in the area of Cosenza or just the main hall in Cosenza?
Birth Certificate Fedele Antonio Montone
Re: Birth Certificate Fedele Antonio Montone
According to the leva he was born in Diamante. Lets see his death record?
Marty
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty

