Naturalization Paperwork for Giuseppe Casagrande

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
User avatar
mkaykrista
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 100
Joined: 02 Aug 2018, 21:16
Location: New England, USA

Naturalization Paperwork for Giuseppe Casagrande

Post by mkaykrista »

Hello, I'm posting to have some help locating my great-great grandfather's naturalization paperwork. I have a document from the U.S. Naturalization Record Index that I've transcribed below, but I'm looking for the declaration, or anything that will list more specifics about his immigration and family.

Casagrande, Joseph
Certificate #1363587
25 First Avenue, Seymour, Connecticut
BORN: November 13, 1880 - Mocònesi, Italy

Naturalized - - - September 30, 1920
United Stated District, New Haven, Conn.
Vol. 20 Page 57
Petition No. 3307


Also, if a foreign person has naturalized, does that automatically mean they have a SSN? I'm having trouble confirming his mother's last name (Italian birth record says one thing, family history says another) and am hoping if he had a SSN, ordering it would confirm her last name.
Researching Italian Relatives : Gargano, Amabile, Tamburrini, Tucci, Casagrande & Musante - the more research done the more the list grows!
Post Reply