Requesting Marriage Certificate from San Cataldo

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
ppulvino1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 10 May 2019, 22:44

Requesting Marriage Certificate from San Cataldo

Post by ppulvino1 »

Hello! I'm in the process of applying for dual citizenship and need some advice. I requested my grandparents' marriage certificate in 2016 through an Italian dual citizenship website and received it after about 9 months. Unfortunately, the certificate listed my grandfather's birthdate as 1980 instead of 1880 (my grandparents were married in 1909)! So, I requested the certificate again in November 2018 but now time is running short....my appointment with the consulate is in August 2019 and this is the last document I need to complete my application. I wrote directly to the commune some months ago and never received a reply. Can anyone advise on next steps? Should I write to the commune again? Or does anyone know of a researcher who could locate and send me the document before August? Thank you.
Post Reply