Hello all,
My Aunt claimed her citizenship through Jure Sanguinis while living in Italy. In doing so she would have had to submit all documentation that my grandmother would have needed to claim hers as well. My grandmother never filed for hers and lives in Arizona. Since my aunt (her daughter) has hers now, would my grandmother be able claim hers without having to resubmit documents?
And if I was to file, would I need to resubmit everything my aunt submitted plus my mother's documents and my own documents or would I be able to just submit the documents tracing me to my grandmother?
Thanks for the help!
Aunt got hers but Grandma never claimed...help?
Re: Aunt got hers but Grandma never claimed...help?
It is likely you will need to resubmit all those documents. If it is possible for you and your mom to apply together at the same consulate, you can share. The good news is that your aunt has done all the heavy lifting in terms of locating documents, so all you need do is send for new ones and add your own.

