Termini and Cefalu Sicily help PLEASE

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
dizabrat
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 58
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 15:30

Termini and Cefalu Sicily help PLEASE

Post by dizabrat »

I am looking for information on the family of my 3rd-great grandmother Anna Domina (born around 1785 in Cefalu, Sicily). She married my great-great grandfather Gaetano lo Presti (Presta) around 1810 (not sure where in Sicily, but their son Antonio’s baptism record says he was from Termini-

Baptismal certificate (from Termini) of Antonio, baptized “under condition” on Dec 21st, 1811.
Born on the same day, he was the son of Gaetano, soldier in the legion of Mazara del Vallo, and Anna Domina, from the town of Cefalù…

Gaetano’s family is from Longobardi, Calabria.

It seems after Antonio was born in 1811 they traveled (because Gaetano was in the military) to San Ferdinando, Naples and had a son named Serafino Presta in 1815 (I have birth record) . Then I found them in Longobardi with the birth of a daughter Isabela in 1817 (I have birth record). Then NOTHING until Antonio (the first born) married in 1842 in Longobardi where it says Anna Domina was deceased. NO RECORD of Serafino or Isabela AT ALL, no marriage, no death…. And NO Anna Domina….. she vanished, no death record anywhere. Is there some military site where I can see where they were in the in between years? WHERE on earth can I look for this family?? Looked for Anna Domina’s death in Longobardi, Termini and Cefalu… NOTHING, I need to find her parents names.

The records online don’t go back that far in Termini or Cefalu to find her birth or marriage record and I heard the pastor in those areas will not allow any searches………….. any ideas???
Post Reply