ROCCA SAN FELICE Ancestors

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
EllenD
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 28
Joined: 01 Jul 2019, 20:44

ROCCA SAN FELICE Ancestors

Post by EllenD »

I am wondering if anyone has experience or advice in finding records from Rocca San Felice, Avellino. I think I got as far as I could using records I could decipher from Antenati. I am searching for birth and death information on my 3rd GGP:

Vito Antonio FORGIONE - - born ~ 1802 and died after 1868. His father is Michele Forgione. His mother is Anna D'Amato.

He married Carmela Raffaela LAUDISI on 13 MAY 1830.

Carmela Raffaela LAUDISI - - born ~ 1807 and died after 1868. Her father is Antonio Laudisi. Her mother is Felicita Roberto.

Here is the Antenati link to their 1830 marriage:

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0

Thank you for any advice.
User avatar
Italysearcher
Master
Master
Posts: 3470
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
Location: Sora, Italy
Contact:

Re: ROCCA SAN FELICE Ancestors

Post by Italysearcher »

Did you check the PROCESSETTI for the marriage? It often contains death records of parents etc. If that doesn't help then you will need to access parish records, probably through a local person in Italy.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
EllenD
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 28
Joined: 01 Jul 2019, 20:44

Re: ROCCA SAN FELICE Ancestors

Post by EllenD »

Thank you for this advice (which I think may help me in other places in my research). In this case, I do not see PROCESSETTI records for 1830 Rocca San Felice on the Antenati website. Please let me know if I am wrong or if the PROCESSETTI can be found somewhere else.

Thank you,
Ellen
rlw254
Master
Master
Posts: 592
Joined: 27 Oct 2018, 00:22

Re: ROCCA SAN FELICE Ancestors

Post by rlw254 »

Have you already searched the deaths from 1809-1830 for their parents? The bride's father is still alive for this marriage but her mother and both the groom's parents are dead by 1830. You'll have to go year-by-year. Processetti for this area are not digitized on antenati in my experience.
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
EllenD
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 28
Joined: 01 Jul 2019, 20:44

Re: ROCCA SAN FELICE Ancestors

Post by EllenD »

Thank you, yes, I have the death dates for the parents of the married couple. I am trying to find birth and death dates for the married couple, themselves: Vito Antonio FORGIONE and Carmela LAUDISI.
rlw254
Master
Master
Posts: 592
Joined: 27 Oct 2018, 00:22

Re: ROCCA SAN FELICE Ancestors

Post by rlw254 »

The deaths can be found on familysearch. You won't find the births unless you have physical access to the town's church records as they are not digitized and they were both born before the civil registration began.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=409899
Carmela Laudisi, died 9 Mar 1876, age 70, daughter of Antonio Laudisi & Felicita Roberto, wife of Vitantonio Forgione

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=409899
Vitantonio Forgione, died 25 Aug 1876, age 75, son of Michele Forgione & Anna d'Amato, widower of Carmela Laudisi
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
EllenD
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 28
Joined: 01 Jul 2019, 20:44

Re: ROCCA SAN FELICE Ancestors

Post by EllenD »

Thank you so much for providing these links to their deaths - it was kind of you to take the time. I'm not quite sure how I missed this, but I DID miss it - I appreciate you setting me straight. This was exactly some of the information I was looking for!

Kind regards,

Ellen
Post Reply