Suggestions to get past road block?
Suggestions to get past road block?
I've hit a major wall in my research. I'm looking for records of my 4th-great-grandparents, Felitica Schiocchet and Antonio De Nard. It appears that they were born in sometime in the 1790's, had their first child in 1820 or so, and died before 1871 in Sedico (Belluno) since one of their children died in 1871 and it says his parents were deceased. I assume they were born in Sedico but I can't be 100% sure without a record. Obviously this leaves me hanging without much information, and all of their vital events occurred either before or during the gaps in available state records. Only one of their children married after 1871, and the Allegati is of course missing from that year on Ancestry. Is there ANYTHING I can do to try and find records of these people, short of going to the archives in Belluno or hiring a genealogist? I emailed the comune and the parish but I don't expect to have much luck since I didn't really give them much to go on. (And yes, I've scoured all available records on Antenati and Ancestry in Sedico and the surrounding towns, which includes Belluno itself.)
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Suggestions to get past road block?
Looks like hiring someone is the only course if the church don't respond. The town won't have anything before 1871 and unless Family Search have plans to digitize the Tribunal of Venezia they will not be available after 1871 in Family Search or antenati.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
- joetucciarone
- Elite

- Posts: 498
- Joined: 03 Jun 2012, 22:28
- Location: Cocoa, Florida
Re: Suggestions to get past road block?
It sounds like you're an Ancestry.com member; have you taken their DNA test? It's a long shot, but you might discover a relative who has the information you want. After I took their test, I discovered previously unknown relatives who helped me fill out my family tree. One even had a copy of the same cabinet card I had from the 1880s; before then, we didn't know who the people in our copy of the picture were.
Re: Suggestions to get past road block?
I have! I’ve found a couple of people who are related to me on a different part of my Italian family, but no one (yet) from the Sedico branch. 99% of the matches are from the other side of my family, the Eastern European Jewish side.
