This forum has been very helpful. I have one final request! I have my appointment in 2 weeks, but no sign of an ancestor's birth certificate.
My ancestor was born in 1851, before Rome kept birth certificates, so I need alternate documents. Please could you comment on the items explained below, and do you think scans will be enough or should I get true copies? Because of covid etc, I won't have any time to get phsyical certified copies, so I need something to take to the appointment.
1. Military record:
I have a scan of a copy of the military leva, which states that he was born in 1851 but doesn't give the exact name as on his other documents (e.g marriage certificate).
Page1:
https://prnt.sc/vvq4xv
Page2:
https://prnt.sc/vvq5af
2.Baptism:
I have an acknowledgement from the Vatican where he was baptised (St. Peter's), the fax they sent tells me that they have a record but don't want to share it.
Do you think these documents will be enough? Do you think scans are sufficient as proof?
Thanks for the advice!!!Best, Danny


