Tracing family back in Italy — please help
Tracing family back in Italy — please help
Unlike most Italian-Americans whose family comes from Sicily and is known to be family for years, mine was only discovered recently even though it contributes to 1/4 of my background. I am proud to be of Italian descent, and have been able to identify names and families from Italy migrating to the U.S. These families were the DeMartino and Persico families from Naples (Campania), and DiMartini and Cianci families from San Martino in Pensilis (Campobasso, Molise), who immigrated to New York in the early 1900s and settled down in the Bronx. While I have names and birthdates for those who came here from Italy, I have no records for anybody who came before them. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance! : )
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Tracing family back in Italy — please help
Family Search have copies of many civil records. If they don't then you have to write to the town.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
- joetucciarone
- Elite

- Posts: 498
- Joined: 03 Jun 2012, 22:28
- Location: Cocoa, Florida
Re: Tracing family back in Italy — please help
Hi - are you familiar with Find-A-Grave? On that site, I found a Concetta Cianci, born on Nov. 18, 1889 in San Martino, Pensilis, Campobasso. She died in Jamaica, Queens County, New York on May 25, 1976. Her father was Pasquale, and her mother was Filomena. I'm looking through some of the records on the Antenati site for:
Archivio di Stato di Campobasso › Stato civile italiano › San Martino in Pensilis › Nati
There are a number of "Ciancia" surnames there.
Archivio di Stato di Campobasso › Stato civile italiano › San Martino in Pensilis › Nati
There are a number of "Ciancia" surnames there.
Re: Tracing family back in Italy — please help
I'm looking for information about Umberto Cianci or Ciancia and Filomena Basilico can you help me?
