Hi all,
My biological maternal grandfather came to the UK from Italy as a prisoner of war during WWII and he decided to stay here. Does anyone know if there's any records kept about Italian PoWs?
My mum was illegitimate so doesn't know a great deal about his background but would like to find out more about him and this feels like potentially a good route!
Thanks in advance
Italian PoW Records in UK
Re: Italian PoW Records in UK
Yes, the records of POW's are kept at the Red Cross Archives.
My grandfather was a POW in England, and I got a certificate about him.
Then they stopped issuing the records, and I don't know if they started again.
You can look here:
https://www.icrc.org/en/archives
and write to ask.
My grandfather was a POW in England, and I got a certificate about him.
Then they stopped issuing the records, and I don't know if they started again.
You can look here:
https://www.icrc.org/en/archives
and write to ask.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.

