Orphan and dual citizenship

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
mauimonte
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: 08 Nov 2019, 12:02

Orphan and dual citizenship

Post by mauimonte »

Thought I had a relatively easy dual citizenship situation (me-Father (born in US)-GF), but I come to find out GF is an orphan with a recorded birth at one day old with a given first and last name.
I have Naturalization papers that say he (GF) started the process but passed away before he completed it and it was well after the birth of my father (he was age 16 at the time).

All the rest of the grandparents are from Italy also but they are much more complicated due to lack of documents, or dates. So should I even consider this? I have marriage record for GF, and can get other documents in US.
User avatar
mler
Master
Master
Posts: 2515
Joined: 01 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Orphan and dual citizenship

Post by mler »

That your gf was an orphan should not preclude your eligibility. I assume his birth record was issued in Italy.
Post Reply