Deciphering death record details

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
stfrancis
Elite
Elite
Posts: 368
Joined: 20 Jun 2014, 16:00

Deciphering death record details

Post by stfrancis »

I am trying to figure out exactly the details of this declaration, after the part about Arcangela Gorga
I know it says she was the widow of Pietro Petrocelli, and daughter of Dammiano & Palladino
I cannot see if both the parents are deceased, but I believe they are ?
Also I cannot figure out the part before the son named Domenico Caliccio ?

At least the writing is clean so I'm hoping someone might be able to make a bit more sense of it. Thank you


1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Deciphering death record details

Post by mmogno »

22 April 1819
... Arcangela Gorga, 66 years old, widow of Pietro Petrocelli, daughter of deceased Dammiano and Antonia Palladino, whose only son was Domenico Caliccio (*) ...

Pietro Petrocelli's death on Dec 17, 1817
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 53/Leablve

(*) Domenico Caliccio/Calicchio(?) was probably born from a previous marriage of Arcangela, because Pietro Petrocelle died childless.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
stfrancis
Elite
Elite
Posts: 368
Joined: 20 Jun 2014, 16:00

Re: Deciphering death record details

Post by stfrancis »

Thank you mmogno

Great little details

It has been difficult finding Dammiano & Antonia deaths. So as I understand you, both Dammiano and Antonia are deceased before 1819 ?

Regards
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Re: Deciphering death record details

Post by darkerhorse »

Yes, both parents deceased at time of her death.

Note that the informants were Pasquale Caliccio, son of Michele, age 28, "grandson or nephew" of the deceased and Stefano Caliccio, age 38, "acquaintance" of the deceased.

It's a bit confusing, if her only son was Domenico Caliccio then who is Pasquale and his father Michele Caliccio? Maybe Michele was her husband's brother and Pasquale is her nephew? Why is Stefano only described as an "aquaintence" (the word looks singular)?
stfrancis
Elite
Elite
Posts: 368
Joined: 20 Jun 2014, 16:00

Re: Deciphering death record details

Post by stfrancis »

darkerhorse

I would tend to believe your nephew scenario through her husband's brother.... tricky
I also have Caliccio, and Coluccio names in the mix .... :lol:

Thanks for the parents' deaths clarifications

Searches to be continued....
stfrancis
Elite
Elite
Posts: 368
Joined: 20 Jun 2014, 16:00

Re: Deciphering death record details

Post by stfrancis »

In this marriage record, toward the end, where it refers to the bride's deceased father Giuseppe Granieri, it seems to mention the date of April 22, 1809. I thought that date was a reference to Giuseppe's date of death but i am not sure.... Maybe someone can clarify this.
2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Deciphering death record details

Post by mmogno »

"La morte del detto Giuseppe Granieri, si certifica da testimoni qui sotto notati, ne termini della Legge del 22 Aprile mille ottocento nove 1809."
The death of Giuseppe Granieri is certified by witnesses indicated below [not by a death certificate], as the law 22.04.1809 permit.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
stfrancis
Elite
Elite
Posts: 368
Joined: 20 Jun 2014, 16:00

Re: Deciphering death record details

Post by stfrancis »

Thank you mmogno

Since the law was in effect in 1809, and I do not find any other death reference between 1810 and 1813, I assume it is reasonable to think his death occurred in 1809, would that be correct?
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Re: Deciphering death record details

Post by darkerhorse »

stfrancis wrote: 05 Jun 2023, 03:51 In this marriage record, toward the end, where it refers to the bride's deceased father Giuseppe Granieri, it seems to mention the date of April 22, 1809. I thought that date was a reference to Giuseppe's date of death but i am not sure.... Maybe someone can clarify this.

2.jpg
What is the date of this marriage record and are marriage allegati available?
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Deciphering death record details

Post by mmogno »

stfrancis wrote: 05 Jun 2023, 13:01 Thank you mmogno

Since the law was in effect in 1809, and I do not find any other death reference between 1810 and 1813, I assume it is reasonable to think his death occurred in 1809, would that be correct?
Giuseppe Granieri may have died in a municipality other than Sala Consilina.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Deciphering death record details

Post by mmogno »

Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
stfrancis
Elite
Elite
Posts: 368
Joined: 20 Jun 2014, 16:00

Re: Deciphering death record details

Post by stfrancis »

Thank you mmogno
Yes that is correct allegati

True, always a possibility the death is not in the town we think
stfrancis
Elite
Elite
Posts: 368
Joined: 20 Jun 2014, 16:00

Re: Deciphering death record details

Post by stfrancis »

Referring back to my original posts about the death of Giuseppe Graniere, I found the following documents pertaining to the marriage of his daughter Feliciana Antonia in 1816

It again seems to mention some details about Giuseppe's death, but I don't know if this is additional, or new information. (Towards the bottom of the first 2 pages, and all of the 3rd page)
Maybe someone can provide a clarification.
It is proving to be difficult to determine who his parents might be without the death information.
I appreciate your efforts.

default2.jpg
default3.jpg
default.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jlb59
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: 29 Dec 2022, 18:09

Re: Deciphering death record details

Post by jlb59 »

mmogno wrote: 05 Jun 2023, 20:15 Processetti
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 35/w6NGzJa
Image number 100 is an extract of the baptism for Felicia Arcangela Granieri (https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 35/5vamJPy). It states "Felicita Arcangiola Granieri dia nata ... ventotto 28. Settembre del'anno mille settecento ottantuno 1781. del defonto Giuseppe, e de Maria Gioseppa Paladino." Someone else might want to check this, but it reads like Giuseppe was dead when she was baptised.

I am confused about the inclusion of the death record of Daniele Campiglia (1812) in the same processetti bundle. I notice that he had been married to one Marcellina Granieri. https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 35/57dGzbo Who is he in relation to Felicia Arcangela? (The original record is easier to read and here: https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 49/LP6j9r7)

Do you have the processetti for the 1816 marriage?
stfrancis
Elite
Elite
Posts: 368
Joined: 20 Jun 2014, 16:00

Re: Deciphering death record details

Post by stfrancis »

Thanks jlb59

The baptism in 1781 is for Marcellina Angiola, Feliciana Antonia's sister. The death reference in there for Giuseppe is at the time of her marriage in 1813 (he was deceased by 1813)
She first married Daniele Campiglia then, Giovanni Campiglia. Thank you for the Daniele Campiglia death record in 1812, it points out the informant Antonio Granieri, brother in law to Daniele, which would mean he is the brother of Marcellina (and Feliciana)!

For Feliciana Antonia's marriage in 1816, I verified the rest of her processetto, but the only documentation of interest is that surrounding the death of the father, Giuseppe, which I included in my last post

The key document being the 3rd one, and reference to not finding his death record (I think... :wink: )
It says "non ha trovato ....della morte....di Giuseppe...ma....i libri dello Stato di Popolazione....." etc...
Post Reply