Hi all!
Am having some trouble with an ufficio dello stato civile. I am trying to obtain some records from pre 1900 which, in any common sense, should by now be public information!
But this particular office insists they cannot issue it without a valid legal reason. I have the exact dates, locations, and names of all the people.
Is their any workaround for this or do I simply wait for some hopeful change?
Would love any help,
Charlie
"Valid legal reasons" workaround?
Re: "Valid legal reasons" workaround?
You might say you need it for inheritance issues.
However, even if they believe you, they might send you certificates, instead of copies of the records
However, even if they believe you, they might send you certificates, instead of copies of the records
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: "Valid legal reasons" workaround?
Contact me at italysearch@gmail.com and I'll send you a form.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
-
PianosiDiFano
- Rookie

- Posts: 40
- Joined: 23 Jun 2020, 02:48
Re: "Valid legal reasons" workaround?
Unlikely, since I've already once requested the record unfortunately. They probably will never respond to me, but this is a helpful option for the future! Thank youPippoM wrote: 01 Dec 2023, 08:58 You might say you need it for inheritance issues.
However, even if they believe you, they might send you certificates, instead of copies of the records