Italian Citizenship denied

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
lkanaan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 08 Jan 2024, 01:30

Italian Citizenship denied

Post by lkanaan »

I have been searching and I am new to this but how come I cannot find any 1948 cases that have been denied? I started the process with a lawyer in Italy in 2019, was denied by the judge in 2022 and began appeal right then. The hearing with judge in Rome is set for April of this year. Has anyone gotten a "no" on their appeal?? All I read about are the positive outcomes. There have to be others that have gone through a similar situation?
lkanaan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 08 Jan 2024, 01:30

Re: Italian Citizenship denied

Post by lkanaan »

Please post
s38tommaso
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: 30 Dec 2023, 21:13

Re: Italian Citizenship denied

Post by s38tommaso »

Hi Ikanaan

Unfortunately I don't have anything to offer in regards to information about the outcome of cases/appeals -- I only came to say that I'm similarly interested in this kind of data. I wish that some of the larger firms/agencies that take these cases on would publish more on their results. Anonymized, of course

I am wondering about your denial, though. Was that in the court of Rome, or was it in a regional court? Do you have a reason for why you were denied? Are you working with an agency, and if so, which one? And are all appeals always made to the court of Rome?
lkanaan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 08 Jan 2024, 01:30

Re: Italian Citizenship denied

Post by lkanaan »

The denial was a regional court. Now we are awaiting the appeal which will take place in the higher court in Rome. I have been working with a lawyer since 2019. He states that it is up to the individual judges.There was no particular reason. She just decided that we do not qualify. It is not cut and dry, very vague and again even though thousands of cases exactly like mine have been accepted and approved, the judge ultimately will decide yes or no. Rather archaic still. There system is completely unlike ours here in the states. Our lawyer did tell me that denials happen and nothing is for certain when applying. We are at the courts mercy.
s38tommaso
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: 30 Dec 2023, 21:13

Re: Italian Citizenship denied

Post by s38tommaso »

Thank you for sharing more about your experience. I hear your frustration. I'm pretty frustrated, too.

How fast (or slow) was it for the initial denial response to be rendered after your hearing? I'm currently at the 3 month mark waiting for a ruling from a judge in Potenza, and sweating pretty badly.
User avatar
qualdom
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 181
Joined: 18 Jan 2021, 02:42
Location: USA

Re: Italian Citizenship denied

Post by qualdom »

I'm going to assume that you were denied because your LIRA naturalized when the next in line was a minor? That seems to be the most common reason for a denial. I rarely hear of someone who was denied in the courts due to inconsistencies in the documentation.
afecad
Elite
Elite
Posts: 341
Joined: 09 Sep 2020, 21:34
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Italian Citizenship denied

Post by afecad »

What local court location did you initially use? I'm somewhat concerned with mine being filed in Catanzaro.

I'm using ICA and they told me the few cases that were rejected were won in appeal, but this is before the new ruling on court locations.
Post Reply