Archivio di Stato Di Reggio Calabria, Sezione di Locri

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
williamsburger
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 57
Joined: 02 Sep 2010, 22:12

Archivio di Stato Di Reggio Calabria, Sezione di Locri

Post by williamsburger »

Does anyone have any experience with this archive? Is it possible to order scans of records from them? How long does it usually take to hear back?

I've been trying to get two documents from their Locri site for three months now, but so far have had no luck.

At the beginning of December, they told me that the Locri location was closed for renovations and would open in a few weeks. I sent another email to them in January, but never heard back.

I was able to contact them via Facebook earlier this month, and was told that the construction had finished and they were open again. So far, though, no one's answering the email I sent almost two weeks ago with the specifics of my request.

Is this a normal delay? I've only ever requested documents before from the Archivio di Stato di Napoli, and those experiences have always been fast and efficient.
User avatar
Italysearcher
Master
Master
Posts: 3470
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
Location: Sora, Italy
Contact:

Re: Archivio di Stato Di Reggio Calabria, Sezione di Locri

Post by Italysearcher »

If you are asking for civil records they won't do it. You can usually view these on the antenati site.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Post Reply