Does this record say that his wife, Maria Palazzo, is already deceased and would someone please verify the date of death. His father was Girolamo and her mother was Anne Colletto. Not sure why it is listed with their names. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much for any help.
Mary
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046915
Help with death record, Nicolo Mancuso
-
italian059
- Master

- Posts: 955
- Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36
Re: Help with death record, Nicolo Mancuso
Mary
Date of death Jan 27, 1822; burial in the church of S. Domenico. His wife Maria Palazzo was already deceased. He was age 60 at death. He was the son of the deceased Girolamo (Mancuso) and Anna Colletti.
Erudita
Date of death Jan 27, 1822; burial in the church of S. Domenico. His wife Maria Palazzo was already deceased. He was age 60 at death. He was the son of the deceased Girolamo (Mancuso) and Anna Colletti.
Erudita
-
italian059
- Master

- Posts: 955
- Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36
Re: Help with death record, Nicolo Mancuso
Thanks so much Erudita.
Re: Help with death record, Nicolo Mancuso
Happy to help, Mary. I meant to type an o and not an i at the end of Anna’s surname.
-
italian059
- Master

- Posts: 955
- Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36
Re: Help with death record, Nicolo Mancuso
Erudita,
Please see his marriage record. This is why I am confused with the parents' names.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046915
Please see his marriage record. This is why I am confused with the parents' names.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046915
Re: Help with death record, Nicolo Mancuso
I see the confusion, Mary. The priest, or his assistant who wrote the death record, wrote the wrong mother's name for the deceased, Nicolo Mancuso. He wrote the name of Nicolo's deceased wife's mother, instead of the name of the Nicolo's mother. So Anna lo Presti was the mother of Nicolo Mancuso and her name, and not Anna Colletti, the mother of Nicolo's deceased wife, Maria Palazzo, should have appeared in his death record.
Erudita
I forgot to ask you if you located both of their baptism records with their parents’ names?
Erudita
I forgot to ask you if you located both of their baptism records with their parents’ names?