I'm looking for the birth records of Bernardino Greco

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
AGreco1957
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 24 Mar 2024, 00:53

I'm looking for the birth records of Bernardino Greco

Post by AGreco1957 »

From what I know my Grandfather Bernardino Greco was born on August 5, 1887 in Altavilla Irpina, Avellino.
as far as I know my Great Grandfather was Lencio Greco and my Great Grandmother was Antonia Prota.
I'm looking for information on my Grandfather, Great Grandfather, Great Grandmother and any relatives they have in the family. Siblings, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins and so on.

I appreciate any assistance to point me in the right direction that would allow me to research my family ancestry.

Thank you, Anthony Greco
AGreco1957
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 24 Mar 2024, 00:53

Re: I'm looking for the birth records of Bernardino Greco

Post by AGreco1957 »

I know this has been answered before, but the reply was lost when you had an issue with the site and had to restore the information. Would someone be able to repost the information of my Grandparents again.

Thank You, Anthony
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: I'm looking for the birth records of Bernardino Greco

Post by Tessa78 »

Here is the birth act for Bernardino. Note that the record is dated 5 August, 1887, but the actual date of his birth is 2 August 1887.
#145
Father: Lencio Greco, 23, peasant farmer residing in Altavilla
Mother: Antonia Prata, his wife, peasant farmer
Child born at their home in strada San Cosimo #19, and given the name BERNARDINO IGNAZIO

Marriage of Lencio Greco and Antonia Prata in 1885.
#46
Dated 14 December
Groom: Lencio Greco, 22, peasant farmer, born Altavilla, residing Altavilla, son of Bernardino Greco and Maria Giuseppa Bruno, both residing Altavilla
Bride: Antonia Prata, 22, born and residing Altavilla, daughter of deceased Pellegrino Prata, and of deceased Donata Ruggiero, both residing in Altavilla in their lifetimes.
Publication of Banns on 22 and 29 November.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 33/LajR1OA

Birth act of Antonia Prata in 1863.
#43
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 88/w9KlnGa

Birth act of Lencio Greco in 1863
#131
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 88/w1mOe3O

T.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: I'm looking for the birth records of Bernardino Greco

Post by Tessa78 »

Continuing back another generation...

Here is the birth act of Bernardino Greco, father of Lencio Greco (b.1863), in Altavilla in 1830.
#23
Bernardino was born on 4 March 1830 to Lencio Greco, age 32, peasant farmer; and to Agata Severino, 32, his legitimate wife.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 73/wlYnWeM

T.
AGreco1957
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 24 Mar 2024, 00:53

Re: I'm looking for the birth records of Bernardino Greco

Post by AGreco1957 »

Thank you for the information about my Grandfather and Great Grandfather.
Do you show any siblings to my Grandfather and Great Grandfather?
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: I'm looking for the birth records of Bernardino Greco

Post by Tessa78 »

A sister to Bernardino - Giuseppa Greco - born 1890
#166
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 07/LyPkWAW

Another sister, Luisa Pellegrina Greco - born 1893
#248
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 10/5Gydb96

T.
AGreco1957
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 24 Mar 2024, 00:53

Re: I'm looking for the birth records of Bernardino Greco

Post by AGreco1957 »

Hello, Do you have any additional information on my Great Great Grandfather Bernardino (born 1930) Father of Lencio (born 1864). Married to Maria Giuseppa Bruno (born 1930), I'm looking to see if he had any other children other than Lencio (born 1864). And also if my Grandfather Bernardino (born 1887) had any brothers aside from his two sisters Giuseppa and Luisa?

Thank you, Anthony Greco
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: I'm looking for the birth records of Bernardino Greco

Post by Tessa78 »

I had searched all births from 1885 through 1900 and found only those sisters to Bernardino.

I will see what I can find for siblings of Lencio...And will add to post as I find them.

Sister named Gaia(?) Born 1865 November #131
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 90/57EANKX

A brother Domenico born April 1867 - #54
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 82/wjdRb3K

A brother Carmine Antonio born 1869 - #148
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 84/03pvEEk

T.
AGreco1957
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 24 Mar 2024, 00:53

Re: I'm looking for the birth records of Bernardino Greco

Post by AGreco1957 »

Thank you for the additional information.
I am also looking for information on my Grand Mothers side of the family.

Bernardino Ignazio was married to Maria Assunta Iallonardo (born 1896). I'm looking for information on the Iallonardo family. I believe they cams from Santo Stefano del Sole. I understand it was a large family so I would be looking for as much information as you are able to find on them. Mother, Father, Siblings, Aunts, Uncles...

Thank you, AG
Farassino
Master
Master
Posts: 787
Joined: 16 May 2024, 17:05

Re: I'm looking for the birth records of Bernardino Greco

Post by Farassino »

The baby girl born in 1865 apparently was called Gaeta and she died in October 1866. #83
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 98/04AnvMr

Although the “G” of Gaeta and the “G” of Greco look different on the death act I’ve checked other acts on the same register and noticed that the scribe writes them in either way.

The name Gaeta for girls exists as you can see here:
https://nomipropri.eu/nome-gaeta
Farassino
Master
Master
Posts: 787
Joined: 16 May 2024, 17:05

Re: I'm looking for the birth records of Bernardino Greco

Post by Farassino »

You are right, Iallonardo Maria Assunta was born in Santo Stefano del Sole
on 08-12-1896. Act #43
Parents were Carmine Raffaele aged 27 and Feola Costantina.

https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 04/5Ba7BV9

The following link takes you to all the registers of Santo Stefano available online.
You’re welcome to start browsing. Self-made discoveries are much more satisfying and give you the confidence to find others.

https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/search- ... del%20sole
Post Reply