A bunch of french matches and clusters? but only on myheritage
A bunch of french matches and clusters? but only on myheritage
I've just noticed that on myheritage I have 140 dna matches living in France and apparently several of these matches have long standing ancestry there. My first assumption was this most be on my mothers german side, but I've been using something called dnapainter to paint what chromosomes and where people match on and there are matches from my mothers side that match in same place and don't triangulate with these. They don't match or triangulate with any of my known paternal matches either. I'm going to try to see if I can find the common ancestor between them all - but is it common to have this many french matches in your italian ancestry? Is there something wrong with myheritage matching - I don't have french matches or french clusters on the other sites. Most of them are small, 9-14cm matches, though quite a few of these share 2, 3, or 4 segments with me, each one small like that.
