Looking for Barbera Family from Villafrati
-
joebarbera@me.com
- Newbie

- Posts: 3
- Joined: 08 Jun 2024, 04:22
Looking for Barbera Family from Villafrati
I am trying to determine if there are any Barbera's still living in Villafrati. Also looking for a contact name and a church that would have records of my Grandfather's birth/baptism in 1894. His name was Giuseppe Barbera. His father was Francesco Barbera. I found that his older brother Gaetano was born in Riesi in 1883 but it does not appear that my grandfather was born in Riesi. Any help would be much appreciated. Ciao and grazie mille.
Re: Looking for Barbera Family from Villafrati
Here is a link to the 1894 civil birth index for Villafrati, and Giuseppe Barbera is not listed as being born there in that year
You will need to sign in with a username and password to view this index
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=468160
You will need to sign in with a username and password to view this index
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=468160
-
joebarbera@me.com
- Newbie

- Posts: 3
- Joined: 08 Jun 2024, 04:22
Re: Looking for Barbera Family from Villafrati
Thanks for your reply, I am also using familysearch as a tool. I discovered that he was born in Marineo in 1894. He always told us he was from Villafrati, so I looked there first. Found info from a cousin that led me to Marineo. Now I am trying to find his baptismal records from there. Also trying to discover more information about his mother and father. The list goes on....
Re: Looking for Barbera Family from Villafrati
Record #365. Birth of Gaetano in Riesi on Sep 29, 1883. Father Francesco, 31 yo, and mother Giuseppa Marra.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=529069
Here the record for Giovanni Andrea. Birth on June 17, 1894 in Marineo. Father Francesco, 42 yo, and mother Giuseppa Marra.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2051639
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=529069
Here the record for Giovanni Andrea. Birth on June 17, 1894 in Marineo. Father Francesco, 42 yo, and mother Giuseppa Marra.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2051639
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
-
joebarbera@me.com
- Newbie

- Posts: 3
- Joined: 08 Jun 2024, 04:22
Re: Looking for Barbera Family from Villafrati
Thanks for your response. You know how to find things on familysearch! As information, I previously found and have both Grandpa's brother Gaetano's birth record in Riesi in 1883. And his birth record, Guiseppe Andrea Barbera in Marineo in 1894 in my family tree. Perhaps you can help me with what I can't yet find. I cannot find Francesco and Giuseppa's marriage certificate and either of their Att di Nati birth records. Even though we know Francesco's age based on the birth records, I do not know Giuseppa's age, where they were both born, where they were married. I am also trying to find two missing sisters...based on my cousin's information that Giuseppe had sisters. Thoughts on where to go to find any of these would be very helpful. Mille Grazie e Buona Giornata.
