Trying to find family history from Palermiti, Catanzaro, Calabria
-
Gianluca Gualtieri
- Rookie

- Posts: 48
- Joined: 09 Jun 2024, 05:37
Trying to find family history from Palermiti, Catanzaro, Calabria
One of my ancestors were Pasquale Gualtieri married to Maria Gratta and they had 7 kids and lived in Palermiti
Also on another side I am looking for more information on my ancestors who name Bettina Sica and Antonio Varano both born around 1910.
I know Antonio Varanos father is Antonio Varano (same name) and Bettina’s parents are Giuseppe Sica and Caterina Aiello also this whole family is from Palermo. If anyone knows anything their parents and even their parents or any records about them you would be my hero I tried searching and found nothing anywhere. Thanks!
Also on another side I am looking for more information on my ancestors who name Bettina Sica and Antonio Varano both born around 1910.
I know Antonio Varanos father is Antonio Varano (same name) and Bettina’s parents are Giuseppe Sica and Caterina Aiello also this whole family is from Palermo. If anyone knows anything their parents and even their parents or any records about them you would be my hero I tried searching and found nothing anywhere. Thanks!
-
Gianluca Gualtieri
- Rookie

- Posts: 48
- Joined: 09 Jun 2024, 05:37
Re: Trying to find family history from Palermiti, Catanzaro, Calabria
*not Palermo typo meant to say Palermiti for both*
-
Gianluca Gualtieri
- Rookie

- Posts: 48
- Joined: 09 Jun 2024, 05:37
Re: Trying to find family history from Palermiti, Catanzaro, Calabria
*not Palermo typo meant to say Palermiti for both*
Re: Trying to find family history from Palermiti, Catanzaro, Calabria
Can you give years of birth for Gualtieri and Gratta?
More details? Names of children, etc.?
EDIT to add:
Here is the possible birth act of Antonio Varano in 1910 in Palermiti
#9
Father is Antonio Varano
Mother is Caterina Sica
born on 12 February
Annotation in margin of marriage with Elisabetta (Bettina being a nickname?) Sica, on
(hard to read) 7 March 1932???
#7 in parte 2
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043789
T.
More details? Names of children, etc.?
EDIT to add:
Here is the possible birth act of Antonio Varano in 1910 in Palermiti
#9
Father is Antonio Varano
Mother is Caterina Sica
born on 12 February
Annotation in margin of marriage with Elisabetta (Bettina being a nickname?) Sica, on
(hard to read) 7 March 1932???
#7 in parte 2
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043789
T.
-
Gianluca Gualtieri
- Rookie

- Posts: 48
- Joined: 09 Jun 2024, 05:37
Re: Trying to find family history from Palermiti, Catanzaro, Calabria
I unfortunately don’t have the years of birth but I do know the children which are Francesco, Giovinna, Giuseppe, Nicola, Pasquale, Teresa and Gregorio Gualtieri. The children were born in the 1920s-1935s so I would assume Gualtieri and Maria were born around the 1900s
Re: Trying to find family history from Palermiti, Catanzaro, Calabria
I just added above the possible birth act of Antonio Varano
And here is a possible birth act for Pasquale Gualtieri in Palermiti in 1899. (#29)
Father is Pasquale Gualtieri
Mother is Nicolina Dastoli
Child given the name Pasquale Giovanni
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043789
T.
And here is a possible birth act for Pasquale Gualtieri in Palermiti in 1899. (#29)
Father is Pasquale Gualtieri
Mother is Nicolina Dastoli
Child given the name Pasquale Giovanni
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043789
T.
-
Gianluca Gualtieri
- Rookie

- Posts: 48
- Joined: 09 Jun 2024, 05:37
Re: Trying to find family history from Palermiti, Catanzaro, Calabria
Oh wow thank you! I’ll check it out now.
Edit: There is a good chance that it could be the right one but myself wouldn’t be able to prove it but I’m going to message my grandmother and try to find it
Edit: There is a good chance that it could be the right one but myself wouldn’t be able to prove it but I’m going to message my grandmother and try to find it
Re: Trying to find family history from Palermiti, Catanzaro, Calabria
Just added birth for Pasquale Gualtieri. 
And possible birth of Maria Gratta...full name Maria Annunziata Gratta
Birth 23 March 1900
Father: Francesco Gratta, 27yo shepherd
Mother: Maria Conforto, his wife, spinner
#20
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043789
T.
And possible birth of Maria Gratta...full name Maria Annunziata Gratta
Birth 23 March 1900
Father: Francesco Gratta, 27yo shepherd
Mother: Maria Conforto, his wife, spinner
#20
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043789
T.
-
Gianluca Gualtieri
- Rookie

- Posts: 48
- Joined: 09 Jun 2024, 05:37
Re: Trying to find family history from Palermiti, Catanzaro, Calabria
Oh my goodness thank you so much! And here I was searching on this for days and found nothing
-
Gianluca Gualtieri
- Rookie

- Posts: 48
- Joined: 09 Jun 2024, 05:37
Re: Trying to find family history from Palermiti, Catanzaro, Calabria
When you said that Pasquale Gualtieri child is named Pasquale Giovanni did you mean Pasquale Gualtieri because how would his last name be Giovanni
Re: Trying to find family history from Palermiti, Catanzaro, Calabria
No...the father's surname is "understood"Gianluca Gualtieri wrote: 13 Jun 2024, 23:34 When you said that Pasquale Gualtieri child is named Pasquale Giovanni did you mean Pasquale Gualtieri because how would his last name be Giovanni
The child was named Pasquale Giovanni Gualtieri.
Father is Pasquale Gualtieri
Posted Maria Gratta's birth above
T.
-
Gianluca Gualtieri
- Rookie

- Posts: 48
- Joined: 09 Jun 2024, 05:37
Re: Trying to find family history from Palermiti, Catanzaro, Calabria
That is all I can do for these ancestors as records only available 1884 through 1910.
And 1818 through 1865
I will look for marriages of the parents of the couples above
T.
And 1818 through 1865
I will look for marriages of the parents of the couples above
T.
-
Gianluca Gualtieri
- Rookie

- Posts: 48
- Joined: 09 Jun 2024, 05:37
Re: Trying to find family history from Palermiti, Catanzaro, Calabria
Happy to help!
Note: in the birth of Pasquale Gualtieri, the declaration was made at the town hall by Giuseppe Gualtieri, age 68, tailor. It is possible that this is the grandfather of the newborn child Pasquale.
T.
Note: in the birth of Pasquale Gualtieri, the declaration was made at the town hall by Giuseppe Gualtieri, age 68, tailor. It is possible that this is the grandfather of the newborn child Pasquale.
T.
