Giosue, Sabato (b. , Giuseppe, and Roberto D'Amato

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
kari@damatos.net
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 03 Aug 2024, 18:00

Giosue, Sabato (b. , Giuseppe, and Roberto D'Amato

Post by kari@damatos.net »

Hello!

I am looking for someone with the last name D'Amato. I am an American and would like to connect with my husband's relatives during an upcoming trip to Italy. His great-grandfather, Sabato D'Amato, was born in Santa Croce, Salerno, in 1891, and he immigrated to the United States in 1907. He had at least 2 brothers, Roberto (born in 1896) and Giuseppe (born in 1891). I do not know of any sisters, but I do have his parents' names as Giosue D'Amato and Felicia (Pierro). Other family includes:

Cousin: Sra. Anna D'Amato Trapanese
who lived in 22020 Como, Italia

Roberto's sons & daughter(?): Giovi (Giovanni?), Candido, and Rosa

Guiseppe's son: Mario

Niece: Maria Teresa

Unknown relative: Ricardo D'Amato (possibly Guiseppe's son?)

Nephew: C.M. Lorenzo Alfonso(?)

If you recognize any of these people as family, would you please let me know? My husband, Darren, our daughter Devyn, and I will be in Italy from October 3-12, 2024 and would love to meet you!

Thank you so very much!

Kari D'Amato (my name rhymes with Bari) :)
kari@damatos.net
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5841
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Giosue, Sabato (b. , Giuseppe, and Roberto D'Amato

Post by PippoM »

I think Santa Croce is a hamlet in the Comune of Giffoni Sei Casali:

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 8704&i=169
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
kari@damatos.net
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 03 Aug 2024, 18:00

Re: Giosue, Sabato (b. , Giuseppe, and Roberto D'Amato

Post by kari@damatos.net »

Thank you!
Post Reply