Italian Ancestors

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ItalienGermanFox18
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 22 Sep 2024, 19:21

Italian Ancestors

Post by ItalienGermanFox18 »

Good day,

I'm looking for how to find out about the marriage of Modesto/Modesti Tessari and Angela Zalin from Roana. Their son is my great-great-grandfather Johann Tessari, born on May 20, 1866 in Camporovere.
What can I do?

Best regards
ItalyGermanFox :)
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5841
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Italian Ancestors

Post by PippoM »

Before 1866 there are no civil records for that area.
You should turn to Parish records.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
ItalienGermanFox18
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 22 Sep 2024, 19:21

Re: Italian Ancestors

Post by ItalienGermanFox18 »

thanks for the reply

Would I have to write to a church about this, or could I also search locally at the church?
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5841
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Italian Ancestors

Post by PippoM »

Parishes are free to decide how to behave about that.
So, some search for you, some let you search there, and some do not let anyone access their registers, directly or not.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
ItalienGermanFox18
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 22 Sep 2024, 19:21

Re: Italian Ancestors

Post by ItalienGermanFox18 »

thank you for the information

greetings
ItalienGermanFox18
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 22 Sep 2024, 19:21

Re: Italian Ancestors

Post by ItalienGermanFox18 »

:D
Farassino
Master
Master
Posts: 787
Joined: 16 May 2024, 17:05

Re: Italian Ancestors

Post by Farassino »

You may already have found this but I’m adding the link for reference.
Modesto Tessari died on 5 March 1873, 65yo.
So he was born in 1807/08.
Johann was born in 1866, so Modesto was nearly 60 yo at the time.
That gives you a very wide years range in which to find the wedding.
Was Angela his first wife? Or did he remarry?

https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 23/wbY9dPE
ItalienGermanFox18
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 22 Sep 2024, 19:21

Re: Italian Ancestors

Post by ItalienGermanFox18 »

oh thank you very much for the great new information.but that's great news.


That could be good.

Unfortunately, I don't know if Angela is his first wife.


Regards
ItalienGermanFox18
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 22 Sep 2024, 19:21

Re: Italian Ancestors

Post by ItalienGermanFox18 »

:)
ItalienGermanFox18
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 22 Sep 2024, 19:21

Re: Italian Ancestors

Post by ItalienGermanFox18 »

I only know of at least one sibling of Johann Tessari *1866, his brother Jakob (Gialamo) Tessari *1859.

Jakob was married to Lina Elisabeth Ostholt
ItalienGermanFox18
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 22 Sep 2024, 19:21

Re: Italian Ancestors

Post by ItalienGermanFox18 »

How can I find out something about Johann Tessari or his brother?

Maybe I can find out more about Modesti and Angela through them.

PS: and perhaps more of Johann's siblings came to Germany.

Greetings
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Italian Ancestors

Post by mmogno »

Roana and Camporovere are in the Diocesis of Padua.
Check
https://www.diocesipadova.it/servizio-antenati/
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
ItalienGermanFox18
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 22 Sep 2024, 19:21

Re: Italian Ancestors

Post by ItalienGermanFox18 »

Thank you
ItalienGermanFox18
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 22 Sep 2024, 19:21

Re: Italian Ancestors

Post by ItalienGermanFox18 »

What do I have to do now exactly, what possibilities do I have to find out about them?Should I ask them in Padua about my ancestors? Or do I have other options?

many greetings
ItalienGermanFox18
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 22 Sep 2024, 19:21

Re: Italian Ancestors

Post by ItalienGermanFox18 »

If this is the marriage entry of Modesti Tessari and Angela Zalin.

What are Modesti and Angela's parents?
And where are Modesti and Angela born from?
Is that in the entry?

Regards
Post Reply