Hello,
I am trying to find either a birth certificate (prefered) or baptismal record for my grandfather. He was born Alberto Troiani but also went by Albert Troiani for most of his life. He emigrated under the name Alberto DeFrederico. DOB: November 20th, 1919, father: Pasquale Troiani and mother: Maria "Mary" DeFrederico (there may be a space btwn the E and F).
His parents married in Alanno, his parents' petition for natz listed Pescara, and I have seen San Marino, and Teramo as well. I have tried Family Search (some records not all) and Antenati (no records). Pescara Comume has no record, Alanno and Teramo never responded.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Birth certificate or baptismal record - Albert(o) Troiani
Re: Birth certificate or baptismal record - Albert(o) Troiani
Hello, and welcome!
According to his ship manifest (I suppose you already have it):
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1368704
both he and his mother were born in Alanno.
Unfortunately, births for 1919 are not available online.
This might be his mother's birth record:
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 37/58yOXQk
on Jan 8th, 1894, daughter of Domenico, as stated in the manifest, and of Maria Mascioli.
If you are interested in a certificate for Alberto, you'll have to contact the Comune di Alanno.
According to his ship manifest (I suppose you already have it):
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1368704
both he and his mother were born in Alanno.
Unfortunately, births for 1919 are not available online.
This might be his mother's birth record:
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 37/58yOXQk
on Jan 8th, 1894, daughter of Domenico, as stated in the manifest, and of Maria Mascioli.
If you are interested in a certificate for Alberto, you'll have to contact the Comune di Alanno.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Re: Birth certificate or baptismal record - Albert(o) Troiani
For reference, this is the family tree:
https://www.familysearch.org/tree/perso ... s/GY52-Q2V
https://www.familysearch.org/tree/perso ... s/GY52-Q2V
Re: Birth certificate or baptismal record - Albert(o) Troiani
Thank you, I do have his mother's BC and the ship manifest. I've reached out to Alanno three times without response. I've also reached out to Pescara (no record) and Teramo three times with no response.PippoM wrote: 10 Dec 2024, 15:28 Hello, and welcome!
According to his ship manifest (I suppose you already have it):
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1368704
both he and his mother were born in Alanno.
Unfortunately, births for 1919 are not available online.
This might be his mother's birth record:
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 37/58yOXQk
on Jan 8th, 1894, daughter of Domenico, as stated in the manifest, and of Maria Mascioli.
If you are interested in a certificate for Alberto, you'll have to contact the Comune di Alanno.

