Hi there,
I have great-grandparents from Tora e Piccilli, Caserta. My great-grandfather, Arduino (with many other names) Saravo, was born about 1872 (possibly in Roccamonfina) and my great-grandmother, Maria Colardo, 1885, though she may have been born in Conca Della Campania. I am trying to find birth records for her. In her passenger manifest to the USA in 1907, a "Pasquale" is documented as family back home and there was a Pasquale Colardo born in 1845 who I found birth records for and another Pasquale born roughly 1860 (who I found birth records for), but the latter Pasquale came over to the US a year before Maria so I'm guessing it is the former she was speaking of.
The problem is, when I go to https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/archivi ... a/?lang=en , all records end at 1866, which makes no sense. Wouldn't later records be more likely to be kept?
I then click a link to “Ruoli matricolari classe 1866-1884 (nati 1861-1888);” but that link is broken and, on googling, I found this link:
https://ascaserta.cultura.gov.it/patrim ... -1861-1888
However, those are pdfs without birth records and neither Arduino Saravo nor Maria (or Mariarosa or Maria Rosina) shows in those pdfs.
Any ideas where I can find birth records past 1866?
Lost on ascaserta.cultura.gov.it
-
christianday
- Newbie

- Posts: 5
- Joined: 13 Dec 2024, 07:00
Re: Lost on ascaserta.cultura.gov.it
I also got into this large PDF and the names Saravo and Collardo do not seem to exist at all in any form in Caserta after 1865 but that must be impossible.
https://ascaserta.cultura.gov.it/filead ... 1_-_21.pdf
https://ascaserta.cultura.gov.it/filead ... 1_-_21.pdf
Re: Lost on ascaserta.cultura.gov.it
The file is a list of "esiti di leva" 1842-1851, so, you won't find records later then 1851.
This link you posted for "ruoli matricolari" works for me
This link you posted for "ruoli matricolari" works for me
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
-
christianday
- Newbie

- Posts: 5
- Joined: 13 Dec 2024, 07:00
Re: Lost on ascaserta.cultura.gov.it
That link works because it's not the one that was broken that was on the original site. I had to copy the title of the link and google it to find it on a different part of the ascaserta site. But they don't seem to have any area of records past 1866. Does anyone know where those would be?
-
christianday
- Newbie

- Posts: 5
- Joined: 13 Dec 2024, 07:00
Re: Lost on ascaserta.cultura.gov.it
That link works because it's not the one that was broken that was on the original site. I had to copy the title of the link and google it to find it on a different part of the ascaserta site. But they don't seem to have any area of records past 1866. Does anyone know where those would be?
Re: Lost on ascaserta.cultura.gov.it
https://ascaserta.cultura.gov.it/patrim ... -1861-1888
From
https://ascaserta.cultura.gov.it/filead ... ari/rs.pdf
SARAVO
23
1876
Saravo
Angelo
Roccamonfina
11-ott
1876
2363
Bis
23
1876
Saravo
Angelo
Roccamonfina
17-ott
1876
2494
Bis
46
1879
Saravo
Cesare
Roccamonfina
19-mag
1879
8617
bis
52
1880
Saravo
Vincenzo
Roccamonfina
16-apr
1880
10714
bis
52
1880
Saravo
Antonio
Roccamonfina
23-apr
1880
10927
bis
63
1881
Saravo
Pasquale
Roccamonfina
20-mag
1881
12114
bis
71
1882
Saravo
Antonio
Roccamonfina
03-dic
1882
12467
bis
81
1883
Saravo
Vincenzo
Roccamonfina
14-nov
1883
14921
bis
81
1883
Saravo
Domenico
Conca della Campania
09-dic
1883
15234
bis
From
https://ascaserta.cultura.gov.it/filead ... ari/rs.pdf
SARAVO
23
1876
Saravo
Angelo
Roccamonfina
11-ott
1876
2363
Bis
23
1876
Saravo
Angelo
Roccamonfina
17-ott
1876
2494
Bis
46
1879
Saravo
Cesare
Roccamonfina
19-mag
1879
8617
bis
52
1880
Saravo
Vincenzo
Roccamonfina
16-apr
1880
10714
bis
52
1880
Saravo
Antonio
Roccamonfina
23-apr
1880
10927
bis
63
1881
Saravo
Pasquale
Roccamonfina
20-mag
1881
12114
bis
71
1882
Saravo
Antonio
Roccamonfina
03-dic
1882
12467
bis
81
1883
Saravo
Vincenzo
Roccamonfina
14-nov
1883
14921
bis
81
1883
Saravo
Domenico
Conca della Campania
09-dic
1883
15234
bis
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
-
christianday
- Newbie

- Posts: 5
- Joined: 13 Dec 2024, 07:00
Re: Lost on ascaserta.cultura.gov.it
Yeah, Arduino isn't on there, though the Vincenzo there is probably his father. I am trying to locate Arduino/Aldovino's birth information.
