Missing Michele Cipriano Birth Certificate (Torremaggiore ~1880s)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
ciprianiggd
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 14 Mar 2025, 19:28

Missing Michele Cipriano Birth Certificate (Torremaggiore ~1880s)

Post by ciprianiggd »

Hello, wondering if anyone has any advice for finding a birth certificate from Torremaggiore from around 1883.

I've looked through all of the digitized versions online and found his sibling's birth certificates, (including one I didn't know about before now!) his parent's marriage certificate, and his mother's baptism records, but nothing for Michele Cipriano! I've since gone back over all the indexes and looked through all the birth records individually... and still nothing. Any resources I'm missing? A different angle to try? Is it possible that records were lost and would that info be posted anywhere?

If any of the info is relevant:
  • Name = Michele Cipriano (Family name has also been seen as Cipriani)
  • Birth Date = 1883 (+/-5 yrs, seen lots of variations in US documents)
  • Birthplace = Torremaggiore, Italy
  • Mother = Maria Lousia Tosches of Casalvecchio, father Germano Tosches
  • Father = Antonio Cipriano of Torremaggiore
  • Siblings = Maria Vincenza (B: 1878), Alfredo (B: 1891), Tullia (B: 1895), Anna (B: ~1889, no birth cert found)
Thanks for any help, folks!
Farassino
Master
Master
Posts: 787
Joined: 16 May 2024, 17:05

Re: Missing Michele Cipriano Birth Certificate (Torremaggiore ~1880s)

Post by Farassino »

Hello and welcome,

You could have helped us by adding the links to the acts that you found.

Anyway, for reference, I’m posting the link to the birth of Maria Vincenza Cipriano born on 14 March 1878.
Her mother is Luisa Tosques and not Tosches.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 45&lang=en
Post Reply