Hello, Forum-
Can someone please translate the last name of the spouse of the decedent (Giovanni Tronto) here?
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 90/wQWxM7z
Thanks.
Mark
Rosaria's (sposa) last name
-
mjclayton1
- Elite

- Posts: 441
- Joined: 01 Jun 2014, 18:11
- Location: Peninsula, San Francisco Bay Area
Rosaria's (sposa) last name
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Rosaria's (sposa) last name
Hi Mark
Looks to be Parcesepe.
Angela
Looks to be Parcesepe.
Angela
- parkergambino
- Elite

- Posts: 327
- Joined: 06 Sep 2017, 17:28
Re: Rosaria's (sposa) last name
I agree with Angela, Parcesepe, which seems to be a common mid-19th century surname in Morcone.
Parker
Parker
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Rosaria's (sposa) last name
parkergambino wrote: 17 Mar 2025, 06:46 I agree with Angela, Parcesepe, which seems to be a common mid-19th century surname in Morcone.
Parker
Thanks for the confirmation, Parker.
Angela
-
mjclayton1
- Elite

- Posts: 441
- Joined: 01 Jun 2014, 18:11
- Location: Peninsula, San Francisco Bay Area
Re: Rosaria's (sposa) last name
Hi, Angela! Good to hear from you!!! As always, thanks for your feedback. Thank you for also verifying, Parker. Much appreciated.
Mark
Mark
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Rosaria's (sposa) last name
Al
Always good to hear from you also, Mark. It certainly wasn't the easiest read. Have you completed your research in Saponara di Grumento?
Angela
mjclayton1 wrote: 17 Mar 2025, 20:03 Hi, Angela! Good to hear from you!!! As always, thanks for your feedback. Thank you for also verifying, Parker. Much appreciated.
Mark
Always good to hear from you also, Mark. It certainly wasn't the easiest read. Have you completed your research in Saponara di Grumento?
Angela
-
mjclayton1
- Elite

- Posts: 441
- Joined: 01 Jun 2014, 18:11
- Location: Peninsula, San Francisco Bay Area
Re: Rosaria's (sposa) last name
Hi, Angela-
No, I have not. There's always "more", you know? Although I imagine you have taken your Tree "to its limits"! Not making excuses here (well, sort of), but I took a pretty long break from researching (for the most part) over the last couple of years. That, plus other Trees that i've been working have just sort of "grabbed" me, you know? It's kind of cyclical...
The Saponara di Grumento Tree is for my "better half", so I've always sort of wondered if you two were (deeply) related. Rago, Ciano, Favale and Spadafora are her 2x Great grandparents' surnames. Probably not, but as I type this message I also don't recall your various family surnames!
I hope to get back to her SdG Tree someday, as the "juices" are flowing elsewhere (and jazz me pretty much "everywhere"), but at present I'm sort of on a "mission" on two separate Trees right now: Benevento - Morcone, Santa Croce dl Sannio and Pontelandolfo - as well as an unexpected pursuit in Rimini, which also includes San Marino. Just crazy where all of this research takes us...
Let's connect again (soon?) and I will update you as I revisit the SdG Tree and any "glaring" outstanding items. Absent that, I always welcome your input/commentary...
Ciao for now,
Mark
[post-edit: Never really thought of this until now, but if you're on Ancestry I will gladly share with you her ("my") Tree that I've worked on over the years...]
No, I have not. There's always "more", you know? Although I imagine you have taken your Tree "to its limits"! Not making excuses here (well, sort of), but I took a pretty long break from researching (for the most part) over the last couple of years. That, plus other Trees that i've been working have just sort of "grabbed" me, you know? It's kind of cyclical...
The Saponara di Grumento Tree is for my "better half", so I've always sort of wondered if you two were (deeply) related. Rago, Ciano, Favale and Spadafora are her 2x Great grandparents' surnames. Probably not, but as I type this message I also don't recall your various family surnames!
I hope to get back to her SdG Tree someday, as the "juices" are flowing elsewhere (and jazz me pretty much "everywhere"), but at present I'm sort of on a "mission" on two separate Trees right now: Benevento - Morcone, Santa Croce dl Sannio and Pontelandolfo - as well as an unexpected pursuit in Rimini, which also includes San Marino. Just crazy where all of this research takes us...
Let's connect again (soon?) and I will update you as I revisit the SdG Tree and any "glaring" outstanding items. Absent that, I always welcome your input/commentary...
Ciao for now,
Mark
[post-edit: Never really thought of this until now, but if you're on Ancestry I will gladly share with you her ("my") Tree that I've worked on over the years...]
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Rosaria's (sposa) last name
Thanks for your reply, Mark. Just a quick reply from me as I’m heading away to visit family this week and have a ton of things to do. (A regular occurence these days!!!)
No, I don’t have the names Rago, Ciano, Favale nor Spadafora in my family that I can recall. They are definitely not in any of my pedegrees. I do know however that the names Rago, Ciano and Spadafora (I use to find Spadafora a funny name as a child) did come up in conversations though when we had people from Grumento Nova visit, so they were well known to my parents who grew up in Grumento Nova.
Best to you, Angela
No, I don’t have the names Rago, Ciano, Favale nor Spadafora in my family that I can recall. They are definitely not in any of my pedegrees. I do know however that the names Rago, Ciano and Spadafora (I use to find Spadafora a funny name as a child) did come up in conversations though when we had people from Grumento Nova visit, so they were well known to my parents who grew up in Grumento Nova.
Best to you, Angela