Looking for Spiteri lineage from Sicily to Malta

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
Luca273
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 28 Jun 2025, 14:12

Looking for Spiteri lineage from Sicily to Malta

Post by Luca273 »

Hi, this is my first post here, so sorry for any mistakes.

This is the information I have (from Portale Antenati):
- Giuseppe Spiteri, born circa 1804 in San Biagio Platani, died Feb 24th 1854 at the same place
- married to Santa Di Raimondo
- parents are Francesco Spiteri and Martina Friolo (not sure if I read the mother's name correctly)

Spiteri seems to be rather a Maltese surname. I would love to find a connection in my ancestry from Sicily to Malta. But with the sources I know and have access to, I'm not getting any further. For San Biagio Platani, I went through all documents available on Portale Antenati from 1821 to 1860 and on FamilySearch from 1879 onwards. Obviously there's a big time span missing inbetween, where there might be a death record of Francesco Spiteri that already says he was born on Malta.

Is there anyone here that could help me out or do you know a reliable genealogist that would be good for this task? Since I'm not looking for a complete family tree for now and only for any proof of the Spiteri Maltese origin, I'd be willing to pay up to 50€ for reliable results. I don't know what normal fees from genealogists are, but that's what it would be worth to me.

Thank you for any help! :)
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Looking for Spiteri lineage from Sicily to Malta

Post by Tessa78 »

Can you post a link to the marriage act?

For reference purposes:
Here is the death act of Giuseppe Spiteri in 1854 in San Biagio
#25
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 98/5xzMMpl

I am reading his mother's surname as Triolo.

Both parents are deceased at the time of Giuseppe's death in 1854.
"fu" before his father's name and "defunta" after his mother's name.

T.
Post Reply