Groom’s mother’s name?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
User avatar
warriorrabbit
Elite
Elite
Posts: 284
Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 18:05
Location: San Diego

Groom’s mother’s name?

Post by warriorrabbit »

It looks like Cioppino to me, which seems highly unlikely, but now I can’t see it as anything else.

https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 03/wQrAyWJ
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Groom’s mother’s name?

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

It looks to be Ciappina, which is a name that appears in Messina.

Angela
User avatar
warriorrabbit
Elite
Elite
Posts: 284
Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 18:05
Location: San Diego

Re: Groom’s mother’s name?

Post by warriorrabbit »

Messina is exactly where she’d be, thanks. Now I found her marriage, which I couldn’t before because her husband’s name was completely misidentified.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Groom’s mother’s name?

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

:)

Angela
Post Reply