Does this include any information that would help me identify Marianna Torre’s other relatives?
Her mother is Concetta Torre, padre ignoti, but there are of course a couple different Concetta Torres in the same rough timeframe, so… hard to say which Concetta Torre I should be following.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 48&lang=en
Marriage supplements… any nuggets?
- warriorrabbit
- Elite

- Posts: 284
- Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 18:05
- Location: San Diego
- warriorrabbit
- Elite

- Posts: 284
- Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 18:05
- Location: San Diego
Re: Marriage supplements… any nuggets?
(I already have the birth act for Marianna Torre, which is here again, I was just hoping for… something else)
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Marriage supplements… any nuggets?
warriorrabbit wrote: 19 Aug 2025, 22:12 Does this include any information that would help me identify Marianna Torre’s other relatives?
Her mother is Concetta Torre, padre ignoti, but there are of course a couple different Concetta Torres in the same rough timeframe, so… hard to say which Concetta Torre I should be following.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 48&lang=en
No, sorry there are no added documents there that would help identify Marianna Torre's other relatives. Have you tried looking for Concetta's death record? She was still living in August 1869 when daughter Marianna married to Carmelo Alose. https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1887904
Concetta Torre was 36 yo in 1845 when Marianna was born so you are looking for a death record pertaining to a Concetta Torre born circa 1809.
Angela
- warriorrabbit
- Elite

- Posts: 284
- Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 18:05
- Location: San Diego
Re: Marriage supplements… any nuggets?
The problem is there are several Concetta Torres… or at least a couple, I do suspect several of them are one person but I don’t seem to have any way of verifying. Plus a couple that did marry.
Concetta Torre & padre ignoti
Year | child | mother’s age
1833 Pietro (15)
1836 Maria (24)
1834 Domenico (23)
1838 Rosario (22)
1847 Domenica (30)
1849 Marianna (36)
1851 Carmelo (36)
1853 Pietro (42)
1856 Carmelo (36)
1857 Agostino
1859 Giuseppe (40)
Concetta Torre & padre ignoti
Year | child | mother’s age
1833 Pietro (15)
1836 Maria (24)
1834 Domenico (23)
1838 Rosario (22)
1847 Domenica (30)
1849 Marianna (36)
1851 Carmelo (36)
1853 Pietro (42)
1856 Carmelo (36)
1857 Agostino
1859 Giuseppe (40)
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Marriage supplements… any nuggets?
Possible Death of your Concetta Torre:
Death No 12: Concetta Torre
Registered: Mazzarra’ Sant’Andrea: 17 May 1889
It was reported that Concetta Torre, 78 yo (1811), a faticatrice (worker, day labourer) died yesterday (16 May 1889) at 3.20 pm. She was born and living in this town, the daughter of the deceased Agostino Torre, a bracciale (day labourer) who lived in this town when living, and of “Marianna” Abramo, also a faticatrice, living in this town. Concetta was never married.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1887904
Angela
Death No 12: Concetta Torre
Registered: Mazzarra’ Sant’Andrea: 17 May 1889
It was reported that Concetta Torre, 78 yo (1811), a faticatrice (worker, day labourer) died yesterday (16 May 1889) at 3.20 pm. She was born and living in this town, the daughter of the deceased Agostino Torre, a bracciale (day labourer) who lived in this town when living, and of “Marianna” Abramo, also a faticatrice, living in this town. Concetta was never married.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1887904
Angela
- warriorrabbit
- Elite

- Posts: 284
- Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 18:05
- Location: San Diego
Re: Marriage supplements… any nuggets?
I do have that one noted, also two that were 1815-1884 and 1815-1887 and also 1819-to undetermined (but before 1905).
There just doesn’t seem to be a way to know for certain who is who. I mean it’s also possible she moved to Barcellona, as some of the family did. (Although I found no record.)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I don’t want to make assumptions, so was hoping to find some banns or something with other notations. Alas.
There just doesn’t seem to be a way to know for certain who is who. I mean it’s also possible she moved to Barcellona, as some of the family did. (Although I found no record.)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I don’t want to make assumptions, so was hoping to find some banns or something with other notations. Alas.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Marriage supplements… any nuggets?
I totally know what you are saying about not wanting to make assumptions. I wouldn't either and I'm not. Out of all the death records that I looked at, this one was the only one that came close to her estimated birth year of 1809 (this one being circa 1811) plus the fact that she (Concetta) named her baby girl Marianna after her mother, Marianna, is of note.AngelaGrace56 wrote: 20 Aug 2025, 04:29 Possible Death of your Concetta Torre:
Death No 12: Concetta Torre
Registered: Mazzarra’ Sant’Andrea: 17 May 1889
It was reported that Concetta Torre, 78 yo (1811), a faticatrice (worker, day labourer) died yesterday (16 May 1889) at 3.20 pm. She was born and living in this town, the daughter of the deceased Agostino Torre, a bracciale (day labourer) who lived in this town when living, and of “Marianna” Abramo, also a faticatrice, living in this town. Concetta was never married.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1887904
Angela
(BTW: I did not locate the “1849 Marianna” birth record you mention in your list of candidates here. I think you have made an error and that it is suppose to be 1845. There was only one record in 1949 as follows: Carmela born to a Concetta Torre 32 yo (c.1817) and unknown father which doesn’t apply.)
Angela
- warriorrabbit
- Elite

- Posts: 284
- Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 18:05
- Location: San Diego
Re: Marriage supplements… any nuggets?
I know, I have suspected her, and I’m probably too cautious, but…
Anyhow, at this point I should try writing to the church and ask for more specific information, which I guess if I had done years ago when I last looked at these records, I’d have the answer already. Then maybe I can also find out which of the other children born to Concetta with an unknown father are siblings. I suspect a few are.
Like similarly I’m 99.9% positive that some Ferlazzos on Long Island are mine, the names and ages and children’s names match up, but I’m nonetheless gonna blow $30 on a death record that will drop that last .1% in there.
Thanks for your help!
Anyhow, at this point I should try writing to the church and ask for more specific information, which I guess if I had done years ago when I last looked at these records, I’d have the answer already. Then maybe I can also find out which of the other children born to Concetta with an unknown father are siblings. I suspect a few are.
Like similarly I’m 99.9% positive that some Ferlazzos on Long Island are mine, the names and ages and children’s names match up, but I’m nonetheless gonna blow $30 on a death record that will drop that last .1% in there.
Thanks for your help!