Hello could someone help with the translation of this church baptism of my GGF, Sebastiano Cheli. From his later marriage documents, we know his father was Filippo and his was Lucia Barbara Bernardini.
Thank you!
D.
Help Translating baptism of Sebastiano Cheli
Re: Help Translating baptism of Sebastiano Cheli
10 April 1779
I, Cristoforo Vecchi, archpriest of the village of Lizzano, baptised a child born yesterday ??? to Filippo Cheli and Lucia Barbara Bernardini, spouses of this parish, who was given the name Sebastiano. The godmother was Elisabetta Bartolini, also wife of Angelo Balducelli of the parish of S. Maria Assunta ???.
I, Cristoforo Vecchi, archpriest of the village of Lizzano, baptised a child born yesterday ??? to Filippo Cheli and Lucia Barbara Bernardini, spouses of this parish, who was given the name Sebastiano. The godmother was Elisabetta Bartolini, also wife of Angelo Balducelli of the parish of S. Maria Assunta ???.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
Re: Help Translating baptism of Sebastiano Cheli
Thank you mmogno! ...
I did not know the priest must have looked under some of the other parishes under his control for these documents.
I have struggled a bit with this family as they seem to be living between Gaggio Montano and Lizzano en Belvedere, and the small mountain parish they attend seems to change at different life phases. I asked the parish priest to research one other baptism for my GGF whose grandson eventually marries the granddaughter of Sebastiano. That marriage happens in Gaggio, but when my other GGF dies it says he was from Gabba. Which may now make sense on how they families knew each other...
As I think this church you translated is the Church of Santa Maria Assunta di Gabba (near by to the town of Lizzano)
https://chieseitaliane.chiesacattolica. ... code=64937
Thanks!
D.
I did not know the priest must have looked under some of the other parishes under his control for these documents.
I have struggled a bit with this family as they seem to be living between Gaggio Montano and Lizzano en Belvedere, and the small mountain parish they attend seems to change at different life phases. I asked the parish priest to research one other baptism for my GGF whose grandson eventually marries the granddaughter of Sebastiano. That marriage happens in Gaggio, but when my other GGF dies it says he was from Gabba. Which may now make sense on how they families knew each other...
As I think this church you translated is the Church of Santa Maria Assunta di Gabba (near by to the town of Lizzano)
https://chieseitaliane.chiesacattolica. ... code=64937
Thanks!
D.

