Greetings friends, hope everyone has been well. Its beena while since I've posted. Looking to see if someone could gibe me the information off the following birth certificate of Angela Diodato.
It would be the record on the left. Looking for parent name, occupation and address.
I am currently traveling and do not have my translating documents that help me do it myself.
Thanks again friends
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 46/58lrzbb
Angela Diodato
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Angela Diodato
Birth No 370 – Angela, Maria, Fortunata Diodato
Registered on 9 May 1809 in San Ferdinando, neighbourhood of Naples
Father was Domenico Diodato, a Soldato di Dogana (a soldier of Dogana). He was 41 yo, living in Strada del Monte di Dio, No 36.
Mother was Antonina Bodomier?, Domenico’s legitimate wife.
Angela, Maria, Fortunata was born on 8 May 1809 at 11 am.
I'm not sure about the mother's surname. I can't find it anywhere. Maybe it was a madeup name.
Happy travelling.
Angela
Registered on 9 May 1809 in San Ferdinando, neighbourhood of Naples
Father was Domenico Diodato, a Soldato di Dogana (a soldier of Dogana). He was 41 yo, living in Strada del Monte di Dio, No 36.
Mother was Antonina Bodomier?, Domenico’s legitimate wife.
Angela, Maria, Fortunata was born on 8 May 1809 at 11 am.
I'm not sure about the mother's surname. I can't find it anywhere. Maybe it was a madeup name.
Happy travelling.
Angela
Re: Angela Diodato
I confirm the surname Bodomier, maybe the surname seems French.
During the Kingdom of Two Siciles Naples was a rich and attractive city and many people moved there from abroad.
During the Kingdom of Two Siciles Naples was a rich and attractive city and many people moved there from abroad.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Angela Diodato
@DanipDanip wrote: 11 Oct 2025, 13:05 I confirm the surname Bodomier, maybe the surname seems French.
During the Kingdom of Two Siciles Naples was a rich and attractive city and many people moved there from abroad.
Thanks for the confirmation re the surname Bodomier. Like you, I also felt the surname was possibly French. While the surname is clearly written as Bodomier in this record, I am wondering whether it is an error and that it should've read "Bolomier" which I understand to be a French surname. (Or maybe the spelling of the surname just changed over time, as was often the case.)
Angela
