Translation please - and any information on how to find what hospital/etc an 1890s doctor worked at

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
lyn1982
Master
Master
Posts: 586
Joined: 01 Jul 2019, 05:05

Translation please - and any information on how to find what hospital/etc an 1890s doctor worked at

Post by lyn1982 »

Can somebody please translate this marriage of Cologero Fradella? I'm looking for his parents, age, and date marriage occurred. I think his father is Salvatore? Also is Cologero a doctor at time of marriage? I found a birth of a son of this couple in 1897 in Rome, and Cologero was a doctor then. That birth took place at via Principe Amedeo which is only a lil over a mile to the Via Laterno hospital my ggf was born at.

If Cologero traces back to the Antonino Fradella 1780–? and Maria Carmela Muscato 1776–? couple from Porto Empedocile that I have tons of DNA matches to I can definitively prove I don't have a break and that my ggf is the son of Cologero (I Don't think there are any other Fradellas ever in Rome during that period).

If anyone knows any way to to find what hospital this Cologero worked at that would help too - I looked but could not find Rome business directories for that time. I don't think he was in Rome long thought because in 1901 him and his wife have a daughter born in Agrigento capitol.

Also, what is the name before Fradella here?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Translation please - and any information on how to find what hospital/etc an 1890s doctor worked at

Post by PippoM »

Hello!
Marriage date: Jun 3rd, 1895
Groom: Calogero Fradella, 27 years old, doctor ("medico chirurgo"), born and resident in Favara, son of deceased Salvatore, and of Giovanna Lentini.
Bride: Clotilde Molinari, 21 years old, land-owner, born in Porto Empedocle, resident in Girgenti (now Agrigento), daughter of Angelo, and Angela Casesa (?), both resident in Girgenti.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
lyn1982
Master
Master
Posts: 586
Joined: 01 Jul 2019, 05:05

Re: Translation please - and any information on how to find what hospital/etc an 1890s doctor worked at

Post by lyn1982 »

Thank you so much!

One question - how does an unmarried female in those days become a property owner? Not related to her line - only Calogero's possibly - just curious.
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Translation please - and any information on how to find what hospital/etc an 1890s doctor worked at

Post by mmogno »

Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
lyn1982
Master
Master
Posts: 586
Joined: 01 Jul 2019, 05:05

Re: Translation please - and any information on how to find what hospital/etc an 1890s doctor worked at

Post by lyn1982 »

mmogno wrote: 29 Nov 2025, 15:20 Processetti
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 13&lang=it
Wow! Thank you so much!

Can anybody translate the parts/documents regarding Calogero for me?
lyn1982
Master
Master
Posts: 586
Joined: 01 Jul 2019, 05:05

Re: Translation please - and any information on how to find what hospital/etc an 1890s doctor worked at

Post by lyn1982 »

darkerhorse wrote: 29 Nov 2025, 15:24 medico chirurgo = surgeon
Thank you. Wow. this dude must have been very known around this time! There has to be old medical stuff with his name in it somewhere, some way to confirm he worked at San Giovanni......
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Re: Translation please - and any information on how to find what hospital/etc an 1890s doctor worked at

Post by darkerhorse »

I think he worked at St. Elsewhere or General Hospital.
lyn1982
Master
Master
Posts: 586
Joined: 01 Jul 2019, 05:05

Re: Translation please - and any information on how to find what hospital/etc an 1890s doctor worked at

Post by lyn1982 »

darkerhorse wrote: 29 Nov 2025, 17:25 I think he worked at St. Elsewhere or General Hospital.
I would hope my ancestor has a better story than that.
Post Reply