Death in Casacalenda
Death in Casacalenda
Hi, we're looking for a little girl named Romana Iolanda Caluori born in the USA in 1923 or 1924 and particularly seeking information about her death in Italy. We don't know exactly when she died, but we do know it was before 1935.
Re: Death in Casacalenda
Hi,
For reference:
Family census 1930 in Rhode Island.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... n&groupId=
Father Michael arrived in 1912 (probably 1st June)
Mother Madalena in 1911.
Did they meet and marry in the States?
What was Maddalena maiden surname?
Did they go to Italy after 1930 to stay?
Unfortunately, as you may know, online records for Casacalenda stop in 1900.
Birth of Michele Caluori in Casacalenda on 12 may 1896.
His twin brother Giovanni died at birth or just after.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... G2?lang=en
If you’re still around please give us a sign.
For reference:
Family census 1930 in Rhode Island.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... n&groupId=
Father Michael arrived in 1912 (probably 1st June)
Mother Madalena in 1911.
Did they meet and marry in the States?
What was Maddalena maiden surname?
Did they go to Italy after 1930 to stay?
Unfortunately, as you may know, online records for Casacalenda stop in 1900.
Birth of Michele Caluori in Casacalenda on 12 may 1896.
His twin brother Giovanni died at birth or just after.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... G2?lang=en
If you’re still around please give us a sign.
Re: Death in Casacalenda
Hi! I've just come back around to forums after a deep search on the USA National Archives.
I've found one entry in the East Greenwich Pendulum saying that little Romana was struck with the flu and died in December of 1933 in Casacalenda, and I found that Maddalena traveled back home to Rhode Island in early 1934.
I'm able to access the "Servizi Cimiteriali" in Casacalenda's portal, and I can look at all kinds of photographs of graves and niches for Caluori's and Minicuccis, but no Romana Caluori, or Iolanda or anything like that. I am hoping to find someone who lives there or visits there to find a picture of her grave. I don't have much money, and I would like to be super certain she's there before I send in the proper forms. Is there anyone that might be able to help?
I've found one entry in the East Greenwich Pendulum saying that little Romana was struck with the flu and died in December of 1933 in Casacalenda, and I found that Maddalena traveled back home to Rhode Island in early 1934.
I'm able to access the "Servizi Cimiteriali" in Casacalenda's portal, and I can look at all kinds of photographs of graves and niches for Caluori's and Minicuccis, but no Romana Caluori, or Iolanda or anything like that. I am hoping to find someone who lives there or visits there to find a picture of her grave. I don't have much money, and I would like to be super certain she's there before I send in the proper forms. Is there anyone that might be able to help?

