Help Finding Marriage Record: Cavalli–Massaro, Italy (c. 1890)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
vanesther
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 21 Dec 2025, 01:01

Help Finding Marriage Record: Cavalli–Massaro, Italy (c. 1890)

Post by vanesther »

I am trying to find the marriage certificate of Luigi Argio Giuseppe Cavalli and Luigia Massaro / Mazzaro (possibly Maria Luigia).

Luigi was born on 20 June 1868 in Padova, Italy, and was baptized in the Parrocchia di Santa Maria del Carmine, Comune di Padova.(baptized 5 July)
His father was Giuseppe Cavalli, and his mother was Catterina Frizzo. Luigi’s family is originally from Padova / Venice.

Unfortunately, I have very little information about Luigia. Her surname appears with different spellings (Massaro or Mazzara), and her father’s name appears inconsistently in records as Antonio or Giacomo.

Luigi and Luigia had at least one son born in Italy. In the child’s marriage document, it states that he was born in Ferrara, Emilia-Romagna, around 1890, but no further details are given. Based on this information, I believe Luigi and Luigia were likely married between 1889 and 1890.

Despite searching for about four years, I have not been able to find their marriage record online. Some researchers I contacted (without payment) reported that they could not locate the record and therefore declined to take my case.

At this point, I am unsure how to proceed. I know that Luigi’s family is from Padova/Venice, but I do not know where Luigia was from. The only indication I have is that their son was born in Ferrara (assuming this information was recorded correctly).

I would greatly appreciate any advice on where to continue searching or how to approach this problem, as I am feeling stuck after years of effort


Groom
Luigi Argio Giuseppe Cavalli
Born: 20 June 1868
Birthplace: Padova
Baptized at: Parrocchia di Santa Maria del Carmine
Father: Giuseppe Cavalli
Mother: Catterina Frizzo
Luigi’s family is consistently from Padova / Venice.

Bride
Luigia Massaro / Mazzaro / Maria Luigia
Born: around 1968
Father: Antonio Giacomo/Giacomo Antonio Massaro
Mother: Maria

Child
Oreste Cavalli
One known son born in Italy
Birth certificate states he was born in Ferrara
Approximate birth year: 1890
Farassino
Master
Master
Posts: 787
Joined: 16 May 2024, 17:05

Re: Help Finding Marriage Record: Cavalli–Massaro, Italy (c. 1890)

Post by Farassino »

Hello,

Could you please show us your findings, including Luigi’s baptism and Oreste’s marriage?
Have you got the ship manifest regarding their arrival?
Post Reply