I have written several times before and have always received great information back. I'm hoping this can finally give me some final Italian information about my Grandparents. My Grandfather was Francesco Antonio DeLucia born in Cervino in 1890.His Parents were Antonio and Maria Grazie Rivetti DeLucia. Somewhere around 1910-14 he had an update on his name and it was changed to Francesco DeLucia Sposito. None of us was aware of this as he used DeLucia here in the USA. Grandpop came to the USA around 1919 or so to New York City. I believe he came over several times prior to that but have not found that information yet. My Grandma was Immacolata Elisabetta DiNuzzo from Maddaloni. Grandma was born in 1891 and her parents were Gennaro and Rosa Savinelli DiNuzzo. You have been able to provide me information about their plans for marriage and Grandpops name was to be Francesco DeLucia Sposito. I believe my Great Grandma Maria Grazie Rivetti helped with the name change somehow based on information I received.
My Godmother, Maria Grazie DeLucia was born in Maddaloni in January of 1919 to the best of my knowledge. She came to the USA in late 1920 with Grandma and reunited with Grandpop Francesco.
So, I have searched for a number of years for the Marriage of my Grandparents with no luck. I have searched both Cervino and Maddaloni and started back in 1910. I also looked for the birth record for my Godmother but not much success there either. It seems odd to me that they had planned to marry back in the 1914 time but the next thing I found was in 1920 with the birth of my Godmother.
I will provide some uploads of information I have in case that helps. One document shows my Great Grandmother as Angela Maria Rivetti but other documents show her as Maria Grazie Rivetti.
My Grandparents Marriage information
My Grandparents Marriage information
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Re: My Grandparents Marriage information
Hello,
There is no need to open new threads on the same topics.
You can continue on the old ones.
It’s much easier for looking at earlier findings instead of navigating between them all.
The marriage banns are dated March 1914 so they should have married shortly after.
The reason why you’re are not finding their marriage act is because that specific roll is not present online but you could view it in one of the family search centres. Surely you have one near you but better check first if available.
It’s this one: Maddaloni
“Nati 1926 (cont.)-1929 -Pubblicazioni e matrimoni 1911-1914 - 2336938 / 7848588”
EDiT to add:
Is this the Maria Grazia De Lucia you’re looking for? #60
Born in Maddaloni on 15 January 1920.
Daughter of Antonio, 41 yo (son of deceased Luigi).
The mother is unknown as she did not wish to be named.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043630
There is no need to open new threads on the same topics.
You can continue on the old ones.
It’s much easier for looking at earlier findings instead of navigating between them all.
The marriage banns are dated March 1914 so they should have married shortly after.
The reason why you’re are not finding their marriage act is because that specific roll is not present online but you could view it in one of the family search centres. Surely you have one near you but better check first if available.
It’s this one: Maddaloni
“Nati 1926 (cont.)-1929 -Pubblicazioni e matrimoni 1911-1914 - 2336938 / 7848588”
EDiT to add:
Is this the Maria Grazia De Lucia you’re looking for? #60
Born in Maddaloni on 15 January 1920.
Daughter of Antonio, 41 yo (son of deceased Luigi).
The mother is unknown as she did not wish to be named.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043630
Re: My Grandparents Marriage information
Thank you for the information. I will use the previous posts in the future, i was not sure but thanks to you now I am.
Re: My Grandparents Marriage information
I do have a Family Search center close to me. Thank you again. I just didn't understand how they may have married around 1914 but their first child was born in 1920. Then they had 5 more children.

