Help with handwriting to find Giovanni

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
User avatar
Brad19M
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 43
Joined: 31 Jan 2011, 17:23

Help with handwriting to find Giovanni

Post by Brad19M »

Hello all

I am looking for some help with deciphering two pages. I have pretty much got everything I could for my family as far as dates and names in the comune where my grandmother is from. So now I am trying to track down those I could not find there. Can someone please help with these pages of the Processetti ? The relative in question is Giovanni Lazazzara, married to Teodora Vespa
and father of Domenica Lazazzara.

On the first link (page 337), it’s the fourth paragraph (not counting the year one), ‘tanto i futuri sposi…’. From the gist I can see Giovanni and teodora were married almost 20 years but 12 years ago he left for Roma or another city there, some words I am having trouble making out the handwriting.
The second link (page 332), procura del re, I think it is discussing him not being there for more than 10 years.
I am including a third link (page 333-336) which the writing is lighter and harder to make out but it seems like this is a more in depth version of the first link (page337).

Any help would be greatly appreciated in trying to track down Giovanni.

https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 67/wQ8xP79

https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 67/wbrpQ6g

https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 67/5GEly4r
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Help with handwriting to find Giovanni

Post by mmogno »

Brad19M wrote: 02 Mar 2026, 19:13 ...

On the first link (page 337), it’s the fourth paragraph (not counting the year one), ‘tanto i futuri sposi…’.
Tanto i futuri sposi Andrea Pietro, e Domenica Lazazzara, nonché Teodora Vespa moglie del ripetuto Giovanni con giuramento hanno asserito, che Giovanni Lazazzara padre della futura sposa, e marito della Teodora da circa venti anni, e più faceva il traffico di Roma, e come ormai circa dodici anni, che da Bagnoli partì di nuovo per lo Stato Romano, e da colà si portò in altri luoghi dell'estero, non avendosi avuto da quell'epoca nessuna notizia, ove si trovasse, ignorandosi per conseguenza il suo domicilio.

...
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
Post Reply