Please translate this record of the death of Rosa Siciliana from Spezzano Grande dated November 1809. Thank you in advance for your time.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 36/wk8njaQ
Italianbella
Death Record Translation Rosa Siciliana
- ItalianbellaSA
- Elite

- Posts: 499
- Joined: 09 Jan 2011, 23:58
- Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Death Record Translation Rosa Siciliana
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.
Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
Re: Death Record Translation Rosa Siciliana
Day November 24th, 1809.
Commune of Spezzano Grande, Quarter of San Biagio.
Death record of Rosa Siciliano, from Spezzano, died at her home and found at 23 o'clock, recognised by Pasquale Cocchiante and Agostino Granieri, who knew her when she was alive.
Then there was an authorization for the burial, that must be done until one day from 22 o'clock of the aforementioned day.
Commune of Spezzano Grande, Quarter of San Biagio.
Death record of Rosa Siciliano, from Spezzano, died at her home and found at 23 o'clock, recognised by Pasquale Cocchiante and Agostino Granieri, who knew her when she was alive.
Then there was an authorization for the burial, that must be done until one day from 22 o'clock of the aforementioned day.
- ItalianbellaSA
- Elite

- Posts: 499
- Joined: 09 Jan 2011, 23:58
- Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Re: Death Record Translation Rosa Siciliana
Thank you very much. There was no mention of the names of her parents?
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.
Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
Re: Death Record Translation Rosa Siciliana
Hi,
The link you posted is not the actual death act but the witnesses declaration.
The actual death act is in the previous page.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 36/5BQKWmk
There you’ll find her parent’s names and those of her two living sons and their ages and also her deceased husband’s name.
If you’re having problems with the translation we can assist you.
The link you posted is not the actual death act but the witnesses declaration.
The actual death act is in the previous page.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 36/5BQKWmk
There you’ll find her parent’s names and those of her two living sons and their ages and also her deceased husband’s name.
If you’re having problems with the translation we can assist you.
- ItalianbellaSA
- Elite

- Posts: 499
- Joined: 09 Jan 2011, 23:58
- Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Re: Death Record Translation Rosa Siciliana
Thank you. I didn't realize that I wasn't looking at the actual death record. From what I can translate, Rosa Siciliana was 40 years old when she died. She was the daughter of Roberto Siciliana and the late Frita Gufo (please correct if you can, I don't think this is the name). One daughter, Giuseppina (age ?) and son Pasquale Siciliana ? (age ?). I have an Innocenza Giuseppina (1807-1852) on my tree already as her daughter. Who is her husband? I have her married to a Pasquale Scrivano. Something is not right on my tree.
Thank you in advance for any corrections or additional information.
Thank you in advance for any corrections or additional information.
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.
Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
Re: Death Record Translation Rosa Siciliana
I confirm that Rosa Siciliana died when she was 40 years old, peasant as job, she was the daughter of the both deceasaed Roberto Siciliano and Firita (I think it was Fiorita) Gufo.
They left a daughter, Giuseppina, and a son, Angelo, 10 years old, born from her deceased husband Pasquale Scrivano.
I think that the daughter Innocenza Giuseppina was the same person as Giuseppina, because many children recieved more names at their baptism and they used only one.
They left a daughter, Giuseppina, and a son, Angelo, 10 years old, born from her deceased husband Pasquale Scrivano.
I think that the daughter Innocenza Giuseppina was the same person as Giuseppina, because many children recieved more names at their baptism and they used only one.
- ItalianbellaSA
- Elite

- Posts: 499
- Joined: 09 Jan 2011, 23:58
- Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Re: Death Record Translation Rosa Siciliana
Thank you very much for your time and assistance.
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.
Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
