Need assistance finding death information for GGF

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
MaggioD
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 26 May 2026, 23:58

Need assistance finding death information for GGF

Post by MaggioD »

Hello Everyone,

I have searched a number of systems, but just cannot find a date of death for my great-grandfather Rocco Maggio born 30 Apr 1841 in Modugno. He married Anna Rosa DiRonzo on 29 Aug 1869 in Modugno. My grandfather Francesco Maggio was born 27 Feb 1887 in Modugno, so Rocco's death must have been after that. Rocco and Anna's other children were named Michele, Vincenza, Michele, Rosa, Maria, and Michele.

I don't believe he emigrated to the US and I am confident he died in Modugno. Anna died in Modugno on 18 Jul 1934.

I have searched in ancestry, familysearch, modugnogenealogy, bariancestors, antenati, etc. I must be doing something wrong... The info must be out there somewhere.

Can anyone please assist me?

Thanks so much. Dan Maggio
Farassino
Master
Master
Posts: 787
Joined: 16 May 2024, 17:05

Re: Need assistance finding death information for GGF

Post by Farassino »

Hello Dan,

You’re looking at a particular large 40 years window between 1894 (marriage of daughter Vincenza) and 1934 (death of wife Anna. She was reported as a widow).
I notice that in both the marriage and the banns acts Vincenza is written as Maggi and not Maggio. Is that a mistake?

To start with I attach the link to your family tree for our reference.
https://www.familysearch.org/en/tree/pe ... s/GZ4R-J2X
Post Reply