Would someone please translate this record #78. Want to verify all the spellings and not sure I understand all of it. Thanks so much.
Mary
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... Id=2043548
Help with death record for Antonina Roccaforte
-
italian059
- Master

- Posts: 955
- Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Help with death record for Antonina Roccaforte
Death No 78: Antonina Roccaforte
Registered in S. Margherita di Belice on 2 March 1898
It was reported that at 9.07 am yesterday (ie 1 March 1898), in Via Becchina, no number given, Antonina Roccaforte, 80 yo, casalinga (domestic/housewife), resident of S..Margherita, and living in S Margherita, the daughter of deceased Antonino, a contadino, and of the deceased Caterina Ingoglia, who had both lived in S. Margherita when living; marrried with deceased Francesco La Sola died.
The other names there which may be confusing you are the two grave diggers, reporting the death, and the witness to the death registration proceedings.
Angela
Registered in S. Margherita di Belice on 2 March 1898
It was reported that at 9.07 am yesterday (ie 1 March 1898), in Via Becchina, no number given, Antonina Roccaforte, 80 yo, casalinga (domestic/housewife), resident of S..Margherita, and living in S Margherita, the daughter of deceased Antonino, a contadino, and of the deceased Caterina Ingoglia, who had both lived in S. Margherita when living; marrried with deceased Francesco La Sola died.
The other names there which may be confusing you are the two grave diggers, reporting the death, and the witness to the death registration proceedings.
Angela
Re: Help with death record for Antonina Roccaforte
Day March 2nd, 1898, Santa Margherita di Belice, record n° 18 (not n° 78)
Death record of Antonina Roccaforte, deceased on the day before at 9:07 in her home in Via Burlina(?), 80 years old, housewife as job, daughter of the both deceased Antonino, peasant as job, and Caterina Ingoglia, both living in Santa Margherita di Belice when they were alive, married to Francesco La Sala.
Death record of Antonina Roccaforte, deceased on the day before at 9:07 in her home in Via Burlina(?), 80 years old, housewife as job, daughter of the both deceased Antonino, peasant as job, and Caterina Ingoglia, both living in Santa Margherita di Belice when they were alive, married to Francesco La Sala.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Help with death record for Antonina Roccaforte
@Danip
Yes, I agree that the surname is “La Sola”. I’m having issues posting on this forum at the moment., but after I posted, because I couldn’t find any evidence of the surname “La Solo”. I reread some translations here on the forum and confirmed that it was “La Sola”. I haven’t been able to edit my original post, so hopefully this will post.
No, it is not No 18, it is No 28, so we are both mistaken.
Angela
Yes, I agree that the surname is “La Sola”. I’m having issues posting on this forum at the moment., but after I posted, because I couldn’t find any evidence of the surname “La Solo”. I reread some translations here on the forum and confirmed that it was “La Sola”. I haven’t been able to edit my original post, so hopefully this will post.
No, it is not No 18, it is No 28, so we are both mistaken.
Angela
Re: Help with death record for Antonina Roccaforte
La Sala, not La Sola, is the surname found in Santa Margherita di Belice. I know this from my many years of doing genealogy research in this town. Antonina Roccaforte had been married to Francesco La Sala.
Erudita
Erudita
-
italian059
- Master

- Posts: 955
- Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36
Re: Help with death record for Antonina Roccaforte
Thanks everyone for all the help.
@Erudita-How have you been? It is so good to hear from you and see your name on the forum.
@Erudita-How have you been? It is so good to hear from you and see your name on the forum.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Help with death record for Antonina Roccaforte
Mary, I’m so sorry my last post here doesn’t make sense. I hope it wasn’t confusing for you. I had to repost it several times because of the current issues I’m having with the site and I was in a rush to get out to a meeting as well. I was completely flustered. I confirm that Francesca’s surname was “La Sala” and that is what I intended to type in my last post here.
Angela
Angela
-
italian059
- Master

- Posts: 955
- Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36
Re: Help with death record for Antonina Roccaforte
Thanks Angela
Re: Help with death record for Antonina Roccaforte
Also I confirm the husband's surname: it was La Sala, as I wrote yesterday in my message.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Help with death record for Antonina Roccaforte
Yes, indeed you did correctly write La Sala.Danip wrote: 27 Jul 2026, 22:20 Also I confirm the husband's surname: it was La Sala, as I wrote yesterday in my message.
Angela
