I’m helping a friend with her family tree. Her Great grandparents were born in Italy. Her Great Grandfather is Guiseppe Pangia (Pangia can be spelled different ways). He was born 28 May 1879 in Rotella, Ascoli Piceno, Marche, Italy. He died 17 March 1926 in New York state. He departed from Naples, Napoli, Campania, Italy and arrived in NY 9 April 1903.
His wife is Maria Vincenza Fede, she was born 17 December 1876 in Magliano, Cuneo, Piemonte, Italy. She died 12 January 1938 in New York, They were married 28 Dec 1908 in New York, I believe these are her parents, Luigi Feda and Selbatha Lartin. Any information about any of these people would be greatly appreciated.
Any documents in Italian please translate to English.
Thank you all for any help you can provide
Pangia/Fede
Re: Pangia/Fede
There are two Magliano's in the province of Cuneo: Magliano Alpi and Magliano Alfieri.
Though, I couldn't find her in none of them.
The registers are here
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/search- ... ano%20alpi
and here
https://www.familysearch.org/it/search/ ... ib:2387513
Are you sure of town of birth. Can you show documents stating it?
I couldn't find registers for Rotella online, either.
Though, I couldn't find her in none of them.
The registers are here
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/search- ... ano%20alpi
and here
https://www.familysearch.org/it/search/ ... ib:2387513
Are you sure of town of birth. Can you show documents stating it?
I couldn't find registers for Rotella online, either.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Re: Pangia/Fede
I could help you about the research of Maria Vincenza Fede in Magliano, Cuneo Province.
Please contact me.
Please contact me.
Re: Pangia/Fede
Are you sure you got the right details?
There’s an online tree that has completely different ones.
Names are the same but places (very close to yours but in different regions) and dates are different.
https://www.familysearch.org/en/tree/pe ... s/KLTM-2G8
The way you spell the name of Maria Vincenza’s mother clearly shows that some of your details are not correct.
There’s a birth act in 1868, January 17 in Santa Croce Di Magliano in the province of Campobasso which I’ve found.
Parents names are Luigi (correct) and Elisabetta Martino.
I would suggest that you look more in depth into the informations you’ve been provided with to see if these people are the same your friend is looking for.
There’s an online tree that has completely different ones.
Names are the same but places (very close to yours but in different regions) and dates are different.
https://www.familysearch.org/en/tree/pe ... s/KLTM-2G8
The way you spell the name of Maria Vincenza’s mother clearly shows that some of your details are not correct.
There’s a birth act in 1868, January 17 in Santa Croce Di Magliano in the province of Campobasso which I’ve found.
Parents names are Luigi (correct) and Elisabetta Martino.
I would suggest that you look more in depth into the informations you’ve been provided with to see if these people are the same your friend is looking for.
Re: Pangia/Fede
I’ve also found a Giuseppe Pangia born in Rotello, Campobasso on 24 August 1864,
Parents are Michelangelo and Maria Vincenza Principe.
The act is available online on Antenati.
Parents are Michelangelo and Maria Vincenza Principe.
The act is available online on Antenati.
- budlight1951
- Rookie

- Posts: 73
- Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 22:52
Re: Pangia/Fede
To all the people that are trying to help me with this tree that I am working on. The information I provided was found on ancestry.com from someone's tree. You know how that goes they provided wrong info. What I gave you in my post is all I have. I do have a marriage for their son Michael it shows his parents were from Italy.
I will keep researching and use what information you have to further my research. Thank you all so much.
I will keep researching and use what information you have to further my research. Thank you all so much.
- budlight1951
- Rookie

- Posts: 73
- Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 22:52
Re: Pangia/Fede
Updated information
Maria Vincenza Fede (could be just Vincenza and last name Pangia.) she married Guiseppe Pangia 28 Dec 1908 in NY he died and she remarried a Felize Di Benigno who also is from Italy 20 Feb 1929 in NY. He was born about 1874 in Corvara,Pescara,Italy Her father is listed as Luigi Fede or Feda and mother is Selbatha Lartin Information about Felize would be helpful for her tree. Possible her father was married twice.
Maria Vincenza Fede (could be just Vincenza and last name Pangia.) she married Guiseppe Pangia 28 Dec 1908 in NY he died and she remarried a Felize Di Benigno who also is from Italy 20 Feb 1929 in NY. He was born about 1874 in Corvara,Pescara,Italy Her father is listed as Luigi Fede or Feda and mother is Selbatha Lartin Information about Felize would be helpful for her tree. Possible her father was married twice.
Re: Pangia/Fede
Selbatha Lartin does not exist! It’s not an Italian name.
Her name, as written above, is Elisabetta Martino.
Have you had a good look at the Family Tree of which I provided the link above?
Her name, as written above, is Elisabetta Martino.
Have you had a good look at the Family Tree of which I provided the link above?
Re: Pangia/Fede
Felice Di Benigno was born on 6 August 1874 (#43) in Corvara and was married on 28 October 1899 with Silveri Maria Grazia.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... Db?lang=en
Parents are Enrico and Giuditta Dioguardi.
The marriage act and the banns are also present on Antenati,
Corvara, both #9, year 1899.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... Db?lang=en
Parents are Enrico and Giuditta Dioguardi.
The marriage act and the banns are also present on Antenati,
Corvara, both #9, year 1899.
Re: Pangia/Fede
So, if she was from Abruzzo, I couldn't help you.budlight1951 wrote: 28 Jul 2026, 18:57 Updated information
Maria Vincenza Fede (could be just Vincenza and last name Pangia.) she married Guiseppe Pangia 28 Dec 1908 in NY he died and she remarried a Felize Di Benigno who also is from Italy 20 Feb 1929 in NY. He was born about 1874 in Corvara,Pescara,Italy Her father is listed as Luigi Fede or Feda and mother is Selbatha Lartin Information about Felize would be helpful for her tree. Possible her father was married twice.
I'm from Northern Italy.

