Francesco (Frank) Mercurio and Family
Francesco (Frank) Mercurio and Family
I am researching the Mercurio famiy line that came from Sicily and settled in Richmond, Indiana between the years 1885 and 1900. I am also interested in their Sicilian origin and the group that founded a fruit market in Richmond, thriving in the 1920s and 1930s. The specific ancestor I am looking for is Frank Mercurio (Francis, Francisco, or Francesco), born about 1854 in Sicily, served in the Italian navy, married Paulina (Paola) Bova and immigrated to the United States in 1890, settled in Richmond. He is related to Louis, Cologero, and possibly a Philip Mercurio, all in Richmond, but I am wondering how. If anyone has any information, please reply. Thank you.
Re: Francesco (Frank) Mercurio and Family
I have some Mercurio's in my files but they are not from Sicilia.... they are from Bella, PZ and Buccino and San Gregoria, Campania.
Anthony
Anthony
Re: Francesco (Frank) Mercurio and Family
I don't think that these are the same people, then, because I know for sure that Frank Mercurio and family came from Termini-Imerese in Sicily. Thank you for replying, though.
Re: Francesco (Frank) Mercurio and Family
Anthony, I'm researching my husband's g-grandfather: Antonio Mercurio, born in 1876 near Nicastro -- probably in Bella. Antonio's father was Michael.aabruno wrote:I have some Mercurio's in my files but they are not from Sicilia.... they are from Bella, PZ and Buccino and San Gregoria, Campania.
Anthony
Antonio's wife was Teresa Barone, daughter of Antonio Barone, born in 1879, also near Nicastro. Any of this sound like your Mercurios?
Thanks! Christine
- jamiecapaldi
- Master

- Posts: 691
- Joined: 21 Sep 2009, 18:18
- Location: Bristol, England, UK
Re: Francesco (Frank) Mercurio and Family
I found this:
First Name: Filippa
Last Name: Mercurio
Ethnicity: Italy Italian South
Last Place of Residence: Termini
Date of Arrival: Apr 03, 1907
Age at Arrival: 31y Gender: F Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Slavonia
Port of Departure: Palermo
Manifest Line Number: 0007
and there was also a Filippo from Naso, Messina born 1877, going to see brother in law, Luigiano Cologero.
First Name: Filippa
Last Name: Mercurio
Ethnicity: Italy Italian South
Last Place of Residence: Termini
Date of Arrival: Apr 03, 1907
Age at Arrival: 31y Gender: F Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Slavonia
Port of Departure: Palermo
Manifest Line Number: 0007
and there was also a Filippo from Naso, Messina born 1877, going to see brother in law, Luigiano Cologero.
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
- Marcello_DAleo
- Master

- Posts: 667
- Joined: 17 Jul 2009, 16:04
- Location: Bagheria, Palermo, Sicily
- Contact:
Re: Francesco (Frank) Mercurio and Family
1900 United States Federal Census
about Frank Mercurio
Name: Frank Mercurio
[Frank or Francesco Mercurio]
[Frank Moraine]
Home in 1900: Richmond, Wayne, Indiana
Age: 42
Birth Date: May 1858
Birthplace: Itialy
[Italy]
Race: White
Gender: Male
Immigration Year: 1890
Relationship to Head of House: Head
Father's Birthplace: Itialy
Mother's Birthplace: Itialy
Spouse's name: Palena Mercurio
Marriage Year: 1890
Marital Status: Married
Years Married: 10
Occupation: View on Image
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Frank Mercurio 42
Palena Mercurio 31
Phillip Mercurio 8
Numcie Mercurio 5
Lossie Mercurio 2
about Frank Mercurio
Name: Frank Mercurio
[Frank or Francesco Mercurio]
[Frank Moraine]
Home in 1900: Richmond, Wayne, Indiana
Age: 42
Birth Date: May 1858
Birthplace: Itialy
[Italy]
Race: White
Gender: Male
Immigration Year: 1890
Relationship to Head of House: Head
Father's Birthplace: Itialy
Mother's Birthplace: Itialy
Spouse's name: Palena Mercurio
Marriage Year: 1890
Marital Status: Married
Years Married: 10
Occupation: View on Image
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Frank Mercurio 42
Palena Mercurio 31
Phillip Mercurio 8
Numcie Mercurio 5
Lossie Mercurio 2
- Marcello_DAleo
- Master

- Posts: 667
- Joined: 17 Jul 2009, 16:04
- Location: Bagheria, Palermo, Sicily
- Contact:
Re: Francesco (Frank) Mercurio and Family
New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
about Francesco Mercurio
Name: Francesco Mercurio
Arrival Date: 27 May 1890
Birth Year: abt 1858
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Ethnicity/RaceÂ/Nationality: Italian
Place of Origin: Italy
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Destination: New York
Port of Arrival: New York
Port Arrival State: New York
Port Arrival Country: United States
Ship Name: Birmania
about Francesco Mercurio
Name: Francesco Mercurio
Arrival Date: 27 May 1890
Birth Year: abt 1858
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Ethnicity/RaceÂ/Nationality: Italian
Place of Origin: Italy
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Destination: New York
Port of Arrival: New York
Port Arrival State: New York
Port Arrival Country: United States
Ship Name: Birmania
-
JerelMercurio
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 17 Jul 2016, 17:13
Re: Francesco (Frank) Mercurio and Family
Marcello_DAleo wrote:New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
about Francesco Mercurio
Name: Francesco Mercurio
Arrival Date: 27 May 1890
Birth Year: abt 1858
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Ethnicity/RaceÂ/Nationality: Italian
Place of Origin: Italy
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Destination: New York
Port of Arrival: New York
Port Arrival State: New York
Port Arrival Country: United States
Ship Name: Birmania
Dont know how to make my own posts so sorry. The frank mercurio above sounds like my great grandpa. He came to Columbus ohio from Naples and had several boys including my grandfather John Joseph (born 1906). My grandfather John was a produce man. Think the boys had mercurio produce in ohio. Papa came to Detroit and had three boys Michael Thomas and Randy. Michael is my dad, therefore Im my papas heir. Can anyone help me? my email is ephraimwhite2012@yahoo.com
-
CWMercurio
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 20 Feb 2024, 16:52
Re: Francesco (Frank) Mercurio and Family
Hello!
It's been so long, I hope you are able to get this.
Cologero Mercurio is my great grandfather, and I have a picture of my family at the fruit stand in Sciliy.
I hope you are able to get this, I'd love to hear more about my family or help you out.
It's been so long, I hope you are able to get this.
Cologero Mercurio is my great grandfather, and I have a picture of my family at the fruit stand in Sciliy.
I hope you are able to get this, I'd love to hear more about my family or help you out.
