I stopped by the local Italian consulate and they said my documentatoin looked to be in order but I needed documentation that states my relative wasn't naturalized after 1942. I have an Alien Registration certificate fomr 1941, which was after the next generation was born, showing that he was not naturalized at that time. They stated that there was a change of the law in 1942 so I required official documentation after that date.
My questions is how do I obtain this documentation?
Question: How do I obtain official INS documentation?
Re: Question: How do I obtain official INS documentation?
Try this form (instructions included). They will provide a statement of "no record found" if your relative never naturalized.
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/g-639.pdf
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/g-639.pdf
Re: Question: How do I obtain official INS documentation?
You don't have to fill out form G-639. It says right on it that other written formats are acceptable. I requested a no-record certification from US Citizenship and Immigration services with just a letter (although you need to include as much relevant information about your ancestor as possible).
Mail your request for a no-record certification to:
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
4th Floor, Record Services Branch
111 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20529
Mail your request for a no-record certification to:
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
4th Floor, Record Services Branch
111 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20529
Re: Question: How do I obtain official INS documentation?
Super idea, especially if there is some information on the form that you cannot provide. It might be a good idea, however, to read the actual form even if you don't intend to use it. It will give you a sense of the type of information they want from you.


