Help Finding Info on Ship Manifest
- bemontanaro
- Newbie

- Posts: 4
- Joined: 18 Apr 2007, 00:00
Help Finding Info on Ship Manifest
I have been all over the Ellis Island site and I cannot find an entry for my great-grandfather, Ludovico Montanaro. He picked up his sister, Maria, and his cousin Antonio from the Ellis Island, but I can't find a record for him. He went by Louis after he arrived, but he did report his name as Ludovico when he picked up his sister and cousin. His WWI draft card had his name reported as Lodico. Any help/advice would be great.
Re: Help Finding Info on Ship Manifest
I found a Montanari Lodovico( Ludovico and Lodovico are both right in italian spell) http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 2615170346
but for better help, if you can to provide us the birthplace and the birthyear ... regards, suanj
but for better help, if you can to provide us the birthplace and the birthyear ... regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Help Finding Info on Ship Manifest
I found a ships manifest for Ludovico Montanaro on ancestry.com
at
http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?htx= ... id=1332937
It lists
Name: Ludovico Montanaro
Arrival Date: 27 Apr 1910
Age: 23 Years
Estimated birth year: abt 1887
Gender: Male
Ethnic Background: Italian (South) (Italian)
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Ship Name: Taormina
Port of Arrival: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Friend's Name: Nicola Dellisanti
Last Residence: Italy
Birthplace: Vico, Italy
Microfilm Roll Number: T840_76
Could this be your man?
Regards,
Shashy
at
http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?htx= ... id=1332937
It lists
Name: Ludovico Montanaro
Arrival Date: 27 Apr 1910
Age: 23 Years
Estimated birth year: abt 1887
Gender: Male
Ethnic Background: Italian (South) (Italian)
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Ship Name: Taormina
Port of Arrival: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Friend's Name: Nicola Dellisanti
Last Residence: Italy
Birthplace: Vico, Italy
Microfilm Roll Number: T840_76
Could this be your man?
Regards,
Shashy
